Yesterday was the old 8 year wedding anniversary of DH and I. We got drunk off margaritas and uh-hm :-) I didn't have the opportunity to take the pics. I probably could have as soon as I got home but I was lazy. Sorry guys. But the margaritas were DAMN good!!! I'm amazed that I'm feeling as good as I do today. I'm not hung over and I got Sym to school EARLY! Wow! Me! Mrs. I can't have tequilla because I turn into evil Lesley on a mad crazy rampage. It is an odd thing too. I can't shoot tequilla due to turning into evil Lesley but if I have margaritas, it is a TOTALLY different drunk! Maybe it is the Triple Sec?
Anyways I'll just tell ya'll what my new additions are how about that?
2-skeins of Berroco Bonsai baby blue colored Berroco's new bamboo and nylon blend yarn. It is 97% Bamboo and 3% nylon. The nylon is just wrapped around the bamboo yarn for a shiny effect!I've knitted a swatch with it in stockingette but I can't figure out what I want to knit with it. Berroco hasn't released any free patterns for it yet. There's not much of it in a skein either! The yarn itself is flat like ribbon yarn and narrow. It knits up nicely on size 7's though! I love this yarn. It feels good to knit with it. $7.00 a skein at Knit Nouveau in Homewood, AL. (The store is SOO cool too!)
What? You really want to see the yarn? Oh okay. Give me a minute I'll go to the bathroom and take pics of the only one I have with me..... (These are for you Crystal!!)
Okay heres a couple of shots of the Bonsai. Thanks Camera Phone!
I balled up the Bonsai on Sunday after the Stitches and Brews. Oh yeah! That was fun as always!!The swatch is next to the ball so ya'll can kind of see how little you get in a skein.

Here's a close up of the swatch. It is lighter blue than pictured. I blame the lighting in the bathroom it is the ONLY room with lighting I can handle. The rest of the office has horrid floresents.

1-skein of Cascade 220 Black$6.95 at In The Making Cahaba Heights, AL. Good old Cascade 220 for my arm warmers but by the time I actually get around to making them we will be in the middle of a heat wave! They'll be ready for fall or I'll break them out at work seeing as though the building owners LOVE to run the AC in the winter time and are trying to kill us! And you folks know what cascade looks like! If not well then check it out here.
That's it! OH I also picked up 2 skeins of some oober nice yarn for my PRGE Pally!!! She is going to LOVE IT!! Sorry can't tell ya'll what I got her! She might be reading this and I can't tell her who I am yet. However, for my next yarn purchase I'm getting 2 skeins of this stuff for me too!!!
I'm so excited about the gift exchange!! I've got her package together and I want to send it to her NOW!!! IT is too tempting for me to keep yarn for someone else. I want to knit with it. Just a swatch.... No!! Resist the temptation Lesley!! But I want to REALLY bad! This is like buying a pack of cigs for someone when you are trying to quit! LOL
I've brought her package with me to work so I can't be tempted at home. I'm bad ya'll!
Enjoy the yarn porn!!
XOXOXOXO
tequila is MIND ALTERING... i've done cartwheels on lawns - thrown sexy spike heels with deadly accuracy and always seem to wind up nekked on the (ok A) bathroom floor at the end of a tequila nite (needless to say its on the do not drink list) hahah.... UNLESS its a margherita (it's GOTTA be the triplesec)
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary!
and you can check out that whole cd (amy winehouse) on vh1.com under new artists... the whole THING is really good (altho i'm still partial to i'm no good & rehab)
good luck w/the car! ;)
Whoo Hoo!! happy anniversary. margaritas sound sooo good. :)
ReplyDeletemmmmmmm yarn porn.......