Friday, March 09, 2007

True Friends buy their knitting friends yarn for their birthday......

My friend Leslie just stopped by to drop off my birthday present! (Yeah when we go out we are Leslie/ey X 2! LOL) We actually went out for a bit on my birthday and she wasn't feeling good and forgot to give me my gift! We've seen each other since then and she was either in her husband's car or left it at home. She came by tonight and brought me some yummy goodness..
Some of ya'll may differ in your yarn preferences than I do but I loved these skeins she bought for me. Especially since she does not knit and she bought according to feel just like we all do!!

My digi camera has died. So guess what I used! That's right!! My trusty camera phone! Turned out pretty good too!
What ya think?

Lovely Lionsbrand Homespun and some black Baby Soft. I just love her to death!
Mostly because of all the things in the world she could have given me she gave me one of my passions! Yarn! I love Homespun too! It was one of the first yarns I knitted with. It will always hold a place in my heart ya know?
Also here is some Symone goodness for ya'll!
She has a Webkinz. If you haven't heard of them, they are a stuffed animal (similar to a beanie baby)that you buy at the store that comes with a web addy on the tag for a virtual pet that looks just like the stuffed animal! It is way too cool! Sym virtually feeds Sara (the st bernard), works for money to feed her, plays games, buys clothes and rooms for this dog with all the money she earns on the site!! It is too cute! She does this religiously ya'll!! Every freaking day!!! LOL
Anyways she absolutely LOVES this dog, in real life and virtually! It was a gift from my landlady because we picked up her mail while she was on vacation.
Tonight after Leslie left, Sym made a "real life" room for Stuffed Sara out of her pup tent! Check this out!!!

Yep that's Sara under the blankie! She arranged a book shelf, put her inflatable globe she got from school in there, made her a little bed and everything!! Just before bed time Symone was reading Eloise to Sara! It was precious! So I leave you all with a bedtime shot of my angel! She's posing just like Sara! I love my gal!




XOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Lesley
    Happy Birthday to you
    and mandy more
    how you get tons of yarn and lots of knitting supplies for your birthday enough and then some to keep you very busy in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a rockin' gift!! She gave you something you love and something that you will be able to use to actually make something else! Good friends are the best!!

    And I love the virtual dog - I need one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some goooood presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for birthday presents and friends!! Awesome.

    Symone is uber-cute btw.

    ReplyDelete

Google