Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Time is a Piece of Wax, Falling on a Termite...

"who's choking on the splinters!!! So...Open the Door!! I'm a loser baby! So why don't you kill me? Go Crazy with the Cheese Wiz!!" --Beck because he's the bomb man!!
(Yeah 2 posts 1 day :-) it needed updating!!)

There's some incredible news that I MUST Share!!!!
The Adamknits had a contest on his blog today, the prize was an invite to Ravelry. I won!!! Yay!!!! So FINALLY I can loose all this jealousy that I've had toward all my knitting friends online for talking about it and not being able to participate, I'm finally there man!!!! Ya'll better look out!!
Thanks Again, Adam. I've already sent you a million thanks, and an email thanks too but I can't stop!
I've started to play with it too!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I don't have Firefox at work. It's crappy IE but I have firefox at home so Tom is NOT dominating the computer when I get home!

I've been pretty busy lately. Sunday (mom's day) I was helping my mom unpack. Yep then I took Sym to the pool. I got to knit because I didn't want to swim. (fear of exposing stomach and bikini region.) Then I went home and crashed out at 11 because I was sooooo tired! 11! that's sooo not me! Usually I'm knitting at 11.
I did get to have a Me night Monday. I went and hung out with a friend at Applebees. I had fun! I've been commissioned to help this friend by fixing his computer. So I've been working on that too! It's being a REAL pain and I am going to have to dive deep into the registry to figure out what the heck is causing it to not want to load properly. I've got to finish backing his stuff up first!

I've been knitting too! I knit my mom "Dream Swatch head wrap by Knitandtonic" in Berocco Bonsai! Mom loved it and spaztic me didn't snap a pic! I'll get one tonight! She's watchin Sym for me while I deliver pizzas.
I love this pattern!!! ScoutJ has a link to it onthis blog post. This blog inspired me to knit it!! Thanks Scout!!! I loved it so much and Bonsai was taking up space so I just had to try it!!! My mom LOVED IT! She may actually use it more as a scarf though. That's okay.
So I decided to knit another one out of some colorful acrylic yarn that I've had sitting in my stash. It is my "I need to do some knitting for me" Project. :-)
Sock Front... I WANT to start on the Seize Diamondback Socks by the Yarnball boogie John B but I've run into the following issues. 1. Cash for Jitterbug yarn (22 bucks!!) 2. LYS has been out and is having a hard time restocking 3.the Time!!! I'm knitting for other peeps for cash.

***Yep you read # 3 right! I'm knitting a cash bag for a co-worker's roommate's girlfriend who happens to be a stripper. :-) Cool huh? Instead of the pizza slut this one will be called stripper slut. LOL I'm not charging him too much but I may have the opportunity to knit more.
Can't wait!
Also my bestest knittin friend Crystal has spoiled me rotten!! She sent me a spinning starter kit for mom's day!!! I'm taking pics tonight after my shift at the Hut so Ya'll can see!! Thanks girl!! I loves ya!!!
Hey look! It's a pic of a WIP taken at my desk at work!

XOXOXO
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the invite to Ravelry!!!! :) to cool.
    whoo hoo to #3! gettin paid, gettin paid! yay for the starting kit, crystal rocks, i think next week im buying myself one!ive been wanting to for awhile, and i will finally have the money, whoo hoo. cant wait to see the fun uhave with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please explain what a starting kit is.

    How do you afford gas to deliver pizzas?

    And lastly, you are a by-otch to get into Ravelry before me....it is all about me, right?

    I have to work doubles tom and Sat. But I need to see an invite in my inbox from you. BFF.

    And your pen rocked tonight. The other servers threatened to steal it. I love the dpn can. I think I am going to make some clear plastic holders to store each size in. At this point I just have them rubber banded up and I really want them in like an roll by size marked on them.

    Thanks for all the gifts!

    Still waiting for my Ravelry invite, hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete

Google