Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My Weekend!!! Long blog, very little pics

Well guys, I thought I'd share my weekend with ya'll! It has been a fun one that involved alcohol, knitting, cupcakes, and work. Not all at one time mind you but those are just 4 words to kind of give you an insight as to what happens when you mix the 4 over 3 days. Cool huh? I'm gonna break this blog up. I'll post my Saturday for ya'll tomorrow!!!


Friday... Sapphire Martinis, Crawfish, Bloody Beers, Kareokee, and Hashbrowns with Cheese :)
The original plan was to go to my friend Tara's house for dinner for a nice kid free night. That plan changed. Ended up Tara and her boyfriend REALLY NEEDED a nice night of worry free love making. So I didn't want to be a 3rd wheel to that you know.
So what is a knitter with a baby sitter to do when her original plans change and she is short on cash? Go with the flow!!!!!
I got a call from my friend A and we met up at Applebee's. A bought me a couple of Sapphire Dirty Martinis (Yum!) and some nice conversation. A left to go on with his plans for the evening and told me that he may holler at me to see if I wanted to meet up later on my Knitter's night out. So he left, I broke out my knitting and proceeded to a bloody beer. he he he
My friend Leslie texted me wanting to hang out but she had to pay homage to the hubby first. LOL (You know how that goes married ladies!) So I texted her back saying take her time because I'm all about not causing chaos in marriages.
So I chatted with some regulars, drank my beer then all of a sudden I get a phone call from my adopted brother Josh (I adopted him as my bro not my parents!).
"Hey Les," he said. "Laura was called in to work. I have 6 pounds of crawfish and 3 pounds of shrimp and no one to help me eat them. You want to come over?"
Okay folks, I NEVER pass up Josh's Cajun cooking. Unless there is a DAMN good reason (which would be, no car, inescapable plans with family members or I'm in the hospital for something). Josh had impeccable timing!!! I was awaiting my gal Leslie and needed to kill time and I was hungry and light on cash
"Damn right I'm coming over! I'll be there in 15-20 minutes!" I told him.
So I booked it to his house. Helped him clean up because his mom was coming over too and his wife would have had a fit if she knew Josh didn't clean up before his mom arrived (Raise your hand if you can relate!) This weekend was the Schaffer Eye Center Crawfish boil and I was too broke to go. I'm DAMN glad I didn't because their crawfish doesn't touch Josh's!!! It ROCKED My world!! I hadn't hung out with his mom in so long either. She is super cool and I felt like I was family hanging with them. That's the reason I adopted Josh!! Leslie texted me after we where done shucking and stuffing and I was winding down.
I gave hugs to Josh and his mom and many many thanks and left to go visit my gal Leslie. We hung out at a pub in Southside. I've got her hooked on bloody beers!!!!
She's my first friend to actually start drinking those things! Everyone turns their noses up to them. When I arrived at the pub she was carrying her beer glass in one hand and a shot glass of bloody mary mix in the other. he he he.
We chatted outside on their patio and watched the crazy crawfish boil crowd stumble around. We laughed and had serious conversations too. Leslie and I are crazy like that! We always have a good time just talking.
While chillin with Leslie, A texted me wanting to meet up again. Leslie ALWAYS has SOMEONE texting or calling her when we are together and for the FIRST TIME EVER it was I who had someone trying to get in touch with me. Talk about karma. We hung out till MIDNIGHT at the pub. She paid both of our tabs cause she is soooooo sweet like that!!! Usually we'll get together at my place and I'll buy us some beer so she said this time it was her treat. Good friends and conversation ROCK, I love my friends!!!!
I was buzzed and determined not to go home until I was DAMN Good and ready. I told A where I was and that I was thinking about heading to this little Kareokee bar to watch rednecks make a fool of themselves (usually I'm up there with them but I had a sore throat.) He was game too. So we met up there. He actually had all his buddies from the party there too!! A's friends were hilarious. They were all tore up!! I got a bit more buzzed too!!! A even got up there and sang!! He has such a deep voice that he nearly blew the speakers! All your bass belong to A! I'm brain farting on the song he sang with his buds. It will come to me later. Check back for an update.
It was getting around 2:30 in the AM and the bar was ready to shut down for the night.Still determined to stay out until 4 (although A and his buds were goin to crash back at the party house), I decided that now was a fabulous time to sober up. Right next to the Kareokee bar is a Waffle House so my ass parked it there until 4 AM drinking coffee and the best damn hash browns and cheese. My entertainment? OH folks you know I find something to entertain me when I'm out and about! I had my sock that I was working on, the crazy folks that work in the Awful Waffle and the customers, one I had to threaten with a dpn to leave my chair alone. What's with men wanting to take women's chairs anyways? I left my knitting there marking MY SPOT and the dude wanted my chair anyways! What a F***ing Jerk! Yo but I stood my ground and continued sipping on my coffee and water and knitting on my sock. I reaquainted myself with a server there that I hadn't seen in a while. His name was Bobby and he is a groovie guy. He even let me take his pic with my sock! How Yarn Harlot fabulous is that? AND he even drew me a dragon fly!!! I Love Dragon Flies!!! AND!! AND!!! He shared his dark secret with me... He Crochets!!! I kid you not!!


(Yes folks! That is the Second sock of the Pair!!!!)


Then I went home and crashed out. Tom was sick so he didn't go to work. I'm glad I had a night out. I would hate to have gotten the flu from him. I definately DONT need that!

What a Friday night huh?
Thanks for reading!!!
XOXOX

3 comments:

  1. What a fun night!! And the sock looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sock! I can't wait to have time to start my first pair (I would love to be able to have them knit in time for the honeymoon in Sept!) Sounds like you had an awesome night and found a fellow crafter. Keep having the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like fun! I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete

Google