Thursday, May 10, 2007

My First Pair of Grownup Socks!!!

Yes you read that right!! I've finished my first pair!!! Go Lesley!!
and without further a due here they are!!


Pattern: An Adapted one from the knitter's handy book of Patterns. I knit 20 rows of Rib and the rest stockinette
The Yarn: Tahki Cotton
The Needles: 4 size 5 Dpns
My Gauge: Uhm I'm bad about gettin exact gauge. It seems that it is 7 sts to the inch.
My Thoughts: I liked the way the socks turned out, however I do not like knitting socks with this yarn. I struggled to keep tension especially when I went from one needle to another. (Yes there are ladders in some places.) I've run into this prob with Knit Picks Shine also. That mercerized cotton is a hard act to deal with. Also They are a little small. I didn't make the foot long enough so they don't fit quite right.
Lessons Learned:
Tahki Cotton & Lesley knitting socks with it don't mix
Just because you are getting low on the yarn that shouldn't stop you from knitting it to the right size.

Okay so that's my first pair of socks. Woo-Hoo!!!
Next type of sock pattern I will attempt is Toe up socks via magic loop method. I think I'd like that better. That way I can try them on as I knit!

Thanks for stopping by ya'll!!
XOXOXO

Ps. I REALLY wish Ravelry was ready for me! I'm on their waiting list twice now! Someone invite me please!!!!! I'm dying to try it!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm on Ravelry's waiting list now too, it seems to be latest rage! I love love love magic loop now for my socks. And I'm doing my second tow up pair now, although I think I still prefer top down. But if you need any help drop me a line and I'll try to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good!! Here's to finishing both and learning alot!! I look forward to seeing the next pair - I haven't tried magic loop yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ravelry has 3000 ppl on the waiting list, and they are inviting ppl every day! Isn't that crazy? But yeah, they said to try to have patience because they are getting there.

    Anyways, the socks look good, your weekend sounded fabulous, and I will have to re-read this post probably. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks, good luck with the magic loop, I have'nt tried yet, I'm waiting too buy Addi's for that, the circs I have are really crappy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the socks... congrats!!!
    yeah i'll havta try my hand at em SOMEDAY... heheh... who'mi kidding

    ReplyDelete

Google