Monday, August 27, 2007

Yo!!! I've got the badge thang!!!

Go Check out the Knitting Scouts! The Cast-On podcast has the absolute coolest badges that have successfully put me in a freaking great mood this Monday Morning. I hope it carries over into the dreaded Tuesday!!!

Okay here are the badges I've earned!!! Also I'm putting these on a widget thingy tonight when I get home.


The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge - A requirement for all Knitting Scouts, the recipient must do his or her bit to present knitting in a positive light, whilst at the same time avoiding all references to “hipness”, grandmothers, and yoga.

Every one that sees the yarn draping out of my knitting bag or me KIP(knitting in public) totally asks me, "what are you crocheting?" After correcting them, politely most of the time that I'm knitting, they then ask "What made you decide to knit?". I tell them that I've always wanted to learn how, and finally did 2 years ago. It was something for me to focus on and by golly I've learned alot from it like paitence, the ability to start over and not get disheartened and I've met lots of incredible people on the internet and in real life from it! It is my Zen, my balance in this crazy ass world!

The “MacGyver” Badge (Level One) - The recipient must demonstrate clever use of a non-knitting tool in a knitting-related scenario. For instance, recipient has used paper clips as stitch markers, or successfully whittled and then utilized bamboo skewers as dpns.

Dude! Do you know how many times I've used twist ties as stitch markers, bamboo skewers as stitch holders, and knives or lighters to cut yarn when I didn't have my yarn cutter? I'm currently working on my level 2 badge as well. Blah ha ha!!


The “Knitting Whilst Under the Influence” Badge - This applies to both actual knitting under the influence, as well as achieving moments of stunning intellectual clarity about ones knitting under the influence. Presumes talking about knitting whilst under the influence a given.
Dude! Stitches and Brews! Need I say more? :-)


The “I Will Impress You With My Math Prowess” Badge - The recipient is a whiz at substituting yarns and calculating gauge, can space increases and decreases evenly and is fully comfortable with the basic math encountered in all knitting projects.

Boy do I ever!! I earned this one from my first socks. LOL

The “Inordinately Fond of Novelty Yarn” Badge - In which the recipient professes an arguably unhealthy affinity for yarn with slubs, sparkles, spangles, fur, feathery bits, and an unconscionable proportion of man-made fibre. Recipient makes no apology for the preference.
I must admit, I LOVE Novelty yarns!! See Knitted Kitty, Knitted on Christmas Bag, Cheshire Cat Scarf Need I say more?

The “I’ve Knit Items With No Conceivable Practical Application” Badge - Recipients are those “special” campers who have knit items which somehow missed the mark of their intended application. There are probably more who are deserving of this badge than one would expect.
Ha ha ha!! Way too many of those! Unfortunately I didn't post all of them. I wish I did now! LOLAnd Finally My Favorite 2! LOL

The “Knitting Caused My Divorce” Badge - Maybe your spouse didn’t fully appreciate your chosen lifestyle, or maybe you were caught in a lie about the frequency you were having S.E.X. outside the relationship, either way you can trace beginning of the end back to your obsessive need to knit.
Yeah! Pretty much! LOL

I'm working on this one!!
The “Knitting Got Me Through My Divorce” Badge - Better for you than wine, easier to care for than a houseful of cats, knitting probably kept you busy, and definitely kept you sane, while you navigated your way back to single life. You’re better off without him/her, honey.

XOXO Yall!!
Go get your badges!!!
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. I love these badges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these! They are super cute, I might have to go set myself up with some. Though you've got me totally beat! You're like a super knitting scout. lol

    ReplyDelete

Google