Thursday, August 16, 2007

YEah I'm just now getting around to posting events....

He he, a few weeks ago when the Harry Potter movie came out, my mom her BF, sym and me went to the McWayne Science Center to watch it on iMax. I was disappointed in the iMax showing of a movie and my neck hurt. I ended up dizzy and nearly fell on the folks a row down from us.
After the movie, we all went down their exhibition hall. They have all kinds of science experiments and lots of cool things to do as well. Sym went NUTS!!! She was bouncing all over the place, "ooo look at this! ooo look at that!" One of the things we saw was a stretching mirror. You could actually control how it stretched your reflection! Here's some pics of Sym's refection:
She looks like she has a mouse face in this one!
Image010.jpg

Oh! My head!! It is going to explode!
Image011.jpg

There also was this bicycle on a rope. Yes a rope! And of course my daughter wanted to ride it! All 2 1/2 stories above the hard marble floor! Ya'll I was so freaking nervous I almost had a heart attack. I was watching her so intently trying to stay cool and be like "hey it is no big deal" but I couldn't ya'll! Part of me wanted to scream out "NO Don't!!!" But then what kind of mommy would I be if I did that? She has been scared of heights but with this I guess since there was a dinky net underneath she thought it would be safe. Thus the near freakout heart attack of mommy right there on the steps of the place. ;-)
As ya'll know she is fine and nothing happened of course but man that feeling of fear that came over me was something I hadn't had in a long time! (I'll share that story with you one day.)
Image001.jpg
I love my Sym! Especially when her feet are on the ground. :-)
XOXOXO
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are holding your own during your transition.

    I always loved those funny mirrors, they are a hoot.

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pics are GREAT!!! good for sim AND good for you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! It's hard to be the mother of an adventerous little girl. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Google