Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You can pass me that glass of wine now....

Today at work, I was in the break room getting my eleventyith cup of coffee when I saw on the ol'boob tube something I didn't expect to see.
I got to watch the space shuttle Endeavour land! Wow! The coolest thing about it to me wasn't the mission, or overcoming the the problems they encountered at take off. It was the fact that the Christa McAuliffe’s backup for the doomed 1986 Challenger flight was on this flight!! Can you believe this woman, after seeing her peer blow up in the air back in 1985, decided to quit being a teacher, and became an astronaut! IF you check out the article, you'll see the problem that happened at take off during this particular mission. The shuttle developed a gouge in the tiles! Woah! And they landed safely!! Too freaking cool!!!
I just thought that was really really cool! Since I was about Sym's age, I wanted to go to outerspace and run around on the moon. I always loved looking at the stars at night and wondered why we didn't already have mass transportation there. Why not? Then I look around here and think, well McDonalds on the moon would probably take away all the mysticism from the great beyond. I still want to go one day... I wonder if I would make a good astronaut? Hmmm..... Something to think about.
Work has been kicking my butt lately. Lots going on, more stress yet no extra pay for it. I'm having a talk with the ole manager about this one. This isn't going to jive.

I'm still without batteries. I have got to get my hands on some. There is a bunch of knitting I've got going on right now and just no way to take a pic to show for it. Except the camera phone but it really does suck. Now where did my wine go?

XOXOXO
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Batteries are the devil when it comes to digital cameras. You either need batteries or your camera cable or maybe you have just misplaced your memory card. I stole your glass of wine LOL! :)
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Google