Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Weekend of Fun

As some of ya'll know it is hard to get out on your own if you have a little one (or 2 or more) so what does a momma do when she needs a little adult time mixed in with motherhood?

Go to another momma's house of course!!! Sym and I went to my BFFAA Tara's. Sym, me, Tara, Gator (Tara's BF) and his BFF Earl all hung out and played a Kareokee game on the PS2. Sym at first didn't want to. She was hiding in my armpit as we sat on the couch. She was so scared to hop up there in front of everyone and sing. Then all of a sudden she saw a song she absolutely knew, Material Girl by Madonna! LOL That child took the mic and stood up in front of us and sang that song! Then we couldn't take the mic away from her! LOL
It was so cute ya'll!!! That's something I'll never forget. Seeing my daughter drop her fear of shyness in a small setting! I'm so proud of her!!!

Saturday was Diva day!!! We woke up and got our hair cut!!! Not too short though. We both cut our hair to just below the shoulders. (Pictures when I get batteries)
She loves her hair just a bit shorter like this! It helps her be able to brush her hair herself instead of relying on others to do it for her. It enables her personal hygiene independence. LOL Me? My ends look SOOO much better!!!
Later on, we went clothes and shoes shopping with my mom! My goodness this child has WAY too many clothes now!! LOL
Sunday: We went to Church (wow! 2 sundays in a row!!)and then we went to meet her daddy. It was a pretty good visit. It was weird. I didn't really want to be there but I was. He didn't pay the amount he promised me that he'd pay last week which throws my budget a bit. He's officially behind 2 weeks in Child support. He said he'd pay me the balance after the weekend. I just hope my checking account stays cool and I don't have to write any more checks to the school for any reason. Sym was so happy to see him though. She knows that it was tough for me to see him. He looked like he always does, smell and all.

I didn't knit much this weekend. I did however do a little on the petal washcloth again. blah boring I know. I finished it up today, except for some seaming. I may actually knock out the little doll I am knitting tonight. Not much more is lacking just one leg and 2 arms.
he he

Thanks for your feedback on the knitting mags!! I'm thinking Interweave because of the socks. I've been getting their newsletters with free patterns not to mention their pattern database! woo hoo!! We'll see!

Ya'll rock as always!!!
I promise pics soon! And they won't be the camera phone either!!
XOXOXO
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Hey I just found your blog in the midst of a clicking fury and love it! :) Just wanted to say "I was here". :)
    (p.s. I prefer Interweave over Vogue- the patterns just seem more wearable to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally have poker nights. there are at least 6 brat kids running amuk while at least four of us adults are drinking and swearing while playing poker. That is about the only total grown up time we get. Glad you have fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interweave rocks the house. Seriously. I don't really like Vogue too much. Interweave is WORTH the money, that is for sure. I haven't for a minute regretted it.

    Glad you got out and had some fun. You totally deserve it. Hopefully Tom will pay up soon, I know it can be stressful to have to worry about money. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Google