Tuesday, April 03, 2007

And she is finished!!!


Tank Girl was finished Sunday just before I went to stitches and brews. yay!! Unfortunately it didn't fit me.

(see fat roll hanging!)
Well so I'll just have to knit another one this time a little bit bigger or hopefully I'll get smaller first! LOL
This was an easy pattern. I liked knitting it and it wasn't too boring to knit. I think the next time I do I will knit it in the round instead of flat knitting it. I really didn't do too bad of a job seaming it however you can tell I had sewn it together.
Also the different colored skein usage was a big hit. My friends loved it. Mary's birthday was March 19 so I ended up giving it to her and her tiny self with the stipulation that she has her picture taken in it so I can share it with ya'll!!
She loved it and it is branded a Bonnaroo tank now. LOL

I'm still trying out the sock thing. I think I may need ditch the 2 cir method and just suck it up and knit on the DPNs. The book is really meant for those who already know how to knit socks so I am getting lost in her terminology right at Picking up the Gusset Stitches. Maybe trying to learn the quicker way before the original way has caused me problems. LOL

Well gotta get ready for work now. :-(
XOXOXO

5 comments:

  1. The tank looks good, at least you found someone that can wear it ): Hopefully you'll be getting your package soon :)

    PGE Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I love the dye lot mishap even more now. :) Seriously, it looks great. I'm glad your friend appreciates the gift! Picking up the gusset means that you pick up a stitch into each slipped stitch (remember all those stitches you slipped on the heel flap?). That's it, pick it up and knit into it. Tada! A stitch. I Ktbl when I pick up mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that looks really great. Awesome. I want that pattern!

    Regarding socks, I thought I would like circulars better for dpn's, but have found (after 3 pairs, so I am LIKE real experienced, wink) that dpn's are faster. The only thing is you tend to drop the spare in the floor alot....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you knit in the round you can try it on as you go along. I love in the round because my gauge is retarded! Congrats on the tank though. That's your first sweater type project right?!? YAY!!!! Are you addicted to it yet :)

    ReplyDelete

Google