I have knitted 3 socks so far in Cascade 220 with size 7 dpns in the Socks101 trainer sock pattern.
Here's all 3
The first one I attempted was pretty off. LOL I didn't understand knitting into the back of the loop, I screwed up my round count and well I got this itty bitty screwed up looking thing. Here's a bit of a close up.

The second one came out MUCH better. However it was not to the pattern specs again. I knitted a couple of extra rounds here and there but the heel turn looks alot better! I did the knit into the back of the loop thing on it. I do like it better than the first.

The third sock was knit Wednesday night. I didn't knit in to the back of the loop on at the heel turn and I know why you have to now! There are holes all along where I picked up the stitches and that's Okay I guess. Lesson learned. This one was knit to the specs of the pattern to the T except the knit into the back thing.

I like knitting socks. All 3 socks took be around an hour each. They are small that's the reason. LOL I am going to continue this journey into the land of socks so that I can further my skills as a zen knitter. LOL
What do you think? Think I'm getting the hang of it? I sure do!
XOXOXOXO
the socks look great!!
ReplyDeletePGE Pal
Welcome to the land of the sock obsessed. :) Nice job on the homework!
ReplyDeleteomigosh, those are SO cute.
ReplyDeletewonder if i could make those for my niece? they are sooo teeny! lol
Totally O'Kitten!! I'm thinking about giving my first good pair out of the bunch to my nephew he's 2. The others I think I'm going to give them away as little gifts. LOL
ReplyDeleteI don't have your email addy (blogger sucks on comments), so I left you this reply on your blog.
ReplyDeleteI have found that I like circulars and dpn's equally as well. Circulars are definitely the thing to use to try them on for fit. They certainly are as fast as dpn's, but sometimes I get tired of dropping the spare needle....lol. The only time I still HAVE to use dpns exclusively is for the heels. I still have trouble with heels. Doing the heels with dpn's (for me) is easier and I don't get so confus-ED.
You've got just enough for a three legged baby now!!! YAY!! Now if only the sock bug would bite me! It's tried a few times but my repellent is strong :)
ReplyDeleteSOCKS SOCKS SOCKS! I *heart* socks. :D Can't wait to see some real sock action. ;)
ReplyDelete