I have cable tv & internet but alas it is killing my wallet!!! Hubby had uhm slipped up at work and they've taken him off the bar for a few weeks. I won't go into details but just stree that since being downgraded to server status he has taken a 300 a week pay cut for such. Face it folks. Bartenders make some cash man!!!
I subscribe to various blogs and most of them are our knitting celebraties like Yarn ball Boogie and Scout and their episodes of Knitty Gritty are airing this week and I can't watch them because I'm stretched so thin and I have to work!!! My bill for cable is $116.00 a month, which is rediculous but I have the movie channels and cable internet (can't live without the internet). They've swindled me into paying said amount by flashing the lovely discounted rate for 6months but if you downgrade to a "normal and affordable" amount per month including DVR, it ends up costing you same price for less service ie no movie channels. Damn I wish I would have only gotten the internet and that's it! I should have kept my netflix! I watch more movies than shows usually but I love the on demand. That is just too freaking cool!!! I'm getting off track here.
Okay so to sum it up if any of ya'll video tape these episodes instead of DVR PLEASE send me a copy!!!!
I'll send yarn or some kick ass cool creation in appreciation!!!
XOXO
Lesley
I'm with you on that one! How is it we get Showtime but NOT DIY???? Whose idea was that. I missed Cookie's episode!!!
ReplyDeleteDIY network is in a special package thing you have to buy here so I'm still missing it even though I do have DVR!
ReplyDeletei had to drop the diy channel all i got out of it was that one channell and i paid and extra 5 a month for it. between cable and internet were pushing 147. a month. ughhhhhh i may have to down grade my internet . but may not i am not a tv watcher per say that is hubbys thing mine is the internet and he seems to think keeping me on line saves his sanity LOL i know it does mine. :)
ReplyDeleteyep i have the dvr too but may even have to turn that in . down size everywhere i can . then in the winter upgrade :) sigh what a mess they get ya no matter what you do.