1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning?
Over a year & a half Go Me!!!
2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist?
Novice but I do love to create my own patterns!
3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with?
Acrylic, wool, alpaca, cotton, blends!, eyelash
4. What are your favorite yarns?
Berroco yarns (when they are on sale at the LYS!), Knit Picks crayon, Bernat Fuzzy eyelash (I don't remember the name nor do I have the label handy. Will update later) Cascade 220, Blue moon Recycled Silk
5. What fibers are you dying to try?
Angora, Alpaca Blends, Hemp blends (I have 100% but it is more like rope), cashmere,
6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns?
All of the above depending on mood. :-)
7. What fibers do you dislike?
slick yarns like Knit Picks shine (I have tention problems with it!)
8. What are your favorite colors?
Black, Purple, Red, Magenta, and White
9. What are your least favorite colors?
Puke colors. If you've thrown up that color I don't like it. Just think back to any of those alchy induced vomiting moments and think about the color in the toilet. I don't like that color. I've seen lots of yarn that resembled those colors and I stay away from them!! They always seem to have some weird green tint to a pink, or yellow.
10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin?
I had been wanting to learn to knit for weeks. I checked out an OLD Vogue KNitting book from the library and I couldn't understand the damn thing! Hurricane Katrina's winds knocked a tree down on my power lines. My daughter and I were without power for 2 weeks and floated to friends and family member's homes. I brought the book and the Supersaver & needles with me to a friends house. All of us includeing his roommates, sat around and tried to decifer the book's instructions and search out videos on the internet also. Well we all figured it out and I've been knitting since. Oh them? They gave up on it. I was hooked from then on!!
11. What projects are you currently working on?
Tank Girl from Stitch'n Bitch, a swatch knitted Continental style
(Wow! I only have one project going right now!! That's a first ya'll!)
12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished?
9 months. A baby sweater. I'm stuck at the second sleeve.
13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged?
Every project I end up frogging breaks my heart a little.
14. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project
15. Do you own a swift and/or a winder?
Nope
16. Where do you keep your needles?
In my knit picks options binder, a needle roll that my knitting BFF Brook made me and a collaged coffee can I made. Also I have other circ needles that I don't use stored in an old CD Case.
17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off?
Absolutely!!! bring your hints on!!! I sure need them!!
18. What techniques are you still a virgin in (lace, cables, ect.) and are you interested in trying them?
Cables and Lace and eventually I'll try them!!
19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to?
Right now Vogue KNitting but I'm canceling it when it runs out. Eventually I'll knit something out of it but I don't think I've gotten my money's worth out of it.
20. Are there any books, needles, yarn, patterns that you are dying to get your hands on?
Books- Vogue Stitches Dictionary (it is worded and illustrated better than the book mentioned in # 10)
Needles-Expanding my knitpicks options (I've got the starter set) I want to get the smaller sizes and the larger ones too.
Yarn- I want to try some of the huge super bulky yarn. I want to see how fast I can knit something with it!
Patterns- A knitted Doll pattern is on my list to acheive. I want to knit dolls for the little ladies in my life! (3 to be exact) I'd like to knit the dolls clothes for their birthdays/Christmas or whenever.
21. Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are your feet?
I've yet to knit socks but that is DEFINATELY want to try soon!
I wear a size 10 ladies (yes I've got big feet but they aren't as big as my baby sister's(12))
22. Do you have a wish list?
AMAZON.COM
23. What are your non-knitting, crochet, spinning hobbies?
Wine, Collaging, Mosaics, Sewing, Reading books, Blogging, Reading blogs,Anime (Naruto & Inuyasha) and Myspace
24. How do you feel about sports?
I LOVE NFL football especially the Packers!!! I like College football too also Soccer, Rugby, and Hockey
25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why?
Fave: Fall & Spring - In Alabama these are the more predictable seasons
Least: Winter and Summer- Winter can be 75 one day and 35 the next Summer is just too damn hot in the south. The heat doesn't bother me too much in the summer except when I get in my car to go somewhere.
26. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween & Christmas!
27. Do you like handmade gifts?
Absolutely!!! I love them!!!
28. Do you wear jewelry that isn't real?
Yes I guess. I love funky necklaces bracelets and earrings
29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love?
Fave Foods: 7 layer bean dip, Spinach Dip, Spinach Quiche, Pasta dishes (any and all!) Salads, steak
Scents: Mandra Rosa Chardonnay, coffee, Calvin Cline Romance, Clinique Happy, fresh cut grass, and gardenias
30. What is your family situation? Do you live alone?
Married with a beautiful 7 year old angel.
31. Do you have any pets?
2 Surviving Goldfish
32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's?
Anything but Country and hard core gangster rap! My comp loves MP3's my car CD player doesn't. I love Grateful Dead, Prodigy, The Gorillaz, Frontline Assembly, Mighty Mighty Bostones, Cake, Janis Joplin, Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back that song only, PRINCE, The Pixies, Radiohead, Fiona Apple, I could name more!!!
33. What are your favorite movies? TV shows? Actors?
Movies: The Way We Were, Amalie, Star Wars Tril, Event Horizon, Secret Window, Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me, Benny & Joon, Reality Bites, The Royal Teninbaums, there are more!!! I love movies!
TvShows: GREY'S ANATOMY, Law & Order (Reg, SVU & CI), CSI Las Vegas, X-Files, Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Inuyasha, Naruto, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Actors: Johnny Depp, Robert Redford, Mathew M.,
34. What do you collect?
dust :-)
35. What do you do in real life -- besides knit and blog?
Process data for a ratings company and deliver pizzas on Saturdays
36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day?
Jan 27
37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, ect.)?
None unless being a freaking nut qualifies as a disorder.
38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of?
Heavy fruity scents and heavy alcohol perfume scents give me horrible headaches
39. What is the most difficult thing that you have ever knit/crochet?
The baby sweater UFO see above & Knucks, it drove me mad! So mad that I refuse to knit the second knuck.
40. What is your personal style? Is there a time period/fashion movement that you take your cues from?
I like goth punk hippie styles. Black is my color to wear. I love oriental/asian influenced designs. I'm more of a tee shirt and jeans kind of gal on a day to day basis. I pull my influences from Punk and Goth styles mostly. Most folks just point their fingers and laugh but I keep on going! :-)
41. Anything else that you would like to say?
No, I think I've covered it all! Thanks though!
Dab nab it. Bloglines has not been showing you updated!
ReplyDeleteCD case for circs is a GREAT idea!
ReplyDeletei gotta try that.
i just recently made my first pair of socks--i used the pattern in the S'n'B book, it worked out pretty well (you don't have to make them that long if you don't want to)