Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feeling better after some sleep......

"It's a personal thing, an intimate connection between your personality, your day-to-day life, and your hands. Truth is, I like to just wing it. I love yarn and I love needles, so I relax by making it up as I go, enjoying the feel of the fabric and the strange shapes it sometimes takes. I look to knitting as my safe relaxing place." --Miss Laurie aka Crazy Aunt Purl

This statement is from Laurie's blog today! It so sums up my knitting! I really don't look at knitting as a challenge anymore. I look at it as my relief from boring, crazy, life that sometimes leaves me in a very dark place. To accomplish SOMETHING adds joy to my life. The simple accomplishments make things all the better.

I was watching knitty gritty today. It was the episode with Kelli Deal from The Breeders showing folks how to felt a hand bag. I'm soooo tackleing the Pizza Slut bag in the wrong order! LOL but guess what? I DON'T CARE!!!
This is MY bag and I'm working on the handle and seaming it up for now until I have to pick up Sym from school. Then I'll throw it all together and make it as crazy as possible. Why? Because it is mine. :-) (Yeah she's feeling better can't you tell?)

This weekend I had picked up some plastic storage boxes to store my stash in instead of this wired shelf basket thingy I've been using. I'm finding dust bunnies on a few skeins that I've not touched in a while. I may organize in a bit. I'm struggleing to focus on my Pizza Slut bag. Hopefully I'll be sporting it this weekend when I deliver pizzas!

Back to the bag!
XOXOXOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. Yep, that's the way to do it, your own way. I can't wait to see the bag!!

    Glad you're feeling better, *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first felted peice was the Booga Bag. I need to make some more....

    I saw that episode of Knitty .... I thought the bag was FUGLY.

    Did you see the bag she made at the end being modeled with the telephone cord for the shoulder strap???

    Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

Google