To bring myself out of this realization of stupidity, I went to Barnes and noble and bought stitch'n bitch Nation for the mudflap girl. I've been flipping through it every chance I've had today at work. It has made me happy!!!
He he he. I absolutely love this book and I am now determined to make a pattern from here! Technically I am because of the mudflap girl graph being in there. I may end up using one of the bag patterns from it for this because the making up my own is really starting to depress me!!!
I did complete a total side project...
Head like a Hole Hat... (this pic sucks but I've got a better one coming.)

It is made from the Gatsby Yarn and unfortunately it was going to be a full hat but there was a problem. I ran out of yarn and was impatient and didn't want to order more. SOO I just bound it off when I ran out and it has a hole in it for my pony tail. I do like to wear my hair up alot and it was great wearing it yesterday when I went outside to smoke on break. It kept my ears toasty warm. I'm making another one for my sister Natalie in green and a different yarn. I'll write down what I'm doing and share it with you my lovely friends!!
By the way...If you don't have SNB Nation you should pick it up. It also has skull and crossbones graphs and some awesome sweaters! So far I see it as a great investment!
I agree, knitting your own pattern is kinda tough. You may want to double knit the words on? Just a suggestion.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I like that pic you have on your sidebar.
Hat with a hole is a good idea. I did the same thing making my own bag. The knitting and fulling have been done forever, but I have not gotten around to lining it and I really want to dye it.
ReplyDeleteI doubt I would ever had the mental accuity to design my own pattern. At this point, I can hardly decide what pssos means in a pattern.
ReplyDeleteI flipped through both of those books yesterday at Michael's, but ended up buying the last SNB 2007 calendar. So, perhaps next time. They looked fun as hell.