I hate feeling like my efforts are fruitless but I keep forgetting that kids in the 6-9 range tend to not give a frag about any body else's feelings at times. I forget that they are just kids. I guess because Sym is so grownie.
Adults can be the same way too. Sym's 3rd birthday was like that. It was the first one I threw at our house at the time. I was serving hamburgers and hot dogs and my family had the gall to say, "Where are the onions and mayo? Oh you didn't get those? You should have. What's a burger without mayo?" (An EXTRA amount of disgusting white oil coating is waste of damn good beef if you ask me. Your breath is far better wtihout the onion. Trust me I'm saving you. None of that was actually said but seriously ran through my 24 year old mind at the time.) So I really haven't thrown a party at my home for Sym with family since. It was my first time doing it solo without my mom helping me. I never threw those kind of parties before and to have my family.. well let's just say I've forgiven them and moved on. This year was no different. The grownups had dinner with us at China Doll. I am still avoiding actually throwing a party that involves the grownups of my family.
It is amazing that sometimes kids take on that same kind of mentality. "I messed up and don't want to finish my project!" "I don't want to draw on pillow cases. I don't like them!" "I don't want to watch Harry Potter! I want to watch Lord of the Rings" OMG! I gave them all a lesson on demo-crazy Majority rules and you just have to fraggin deal with it! ;-) That kept me sane as well as my frequent balcony visits to smoke.
All in all the sleep over was great! The kids were good overall and I want to throw it again soon! This time I think I'm going to keep it in the 9-10 year old range.
Saturday morning was fun, I made them pancakes and took Sym and a few of the girls swimming. I had great adult conversation time with the parents. I felt sane again. LOL
I worked Saturday night at the Hut. Made some good cash and then for the first time in 2 years I went to southside with an old friend I hadn't seen in a LONG time. You might remember Eric? Yeah it has been about that long since I last saw him. It was he and his friend that I'll refer to as Cherry Pie. Reason being, she was dancing to hippie music (the band Earthbound) as if she was on that music video. ;-)
We had a blast. I danced all night with a nice gent that twirled me around till I was dizzy and I didn't even spill my drink or burn anybody. ;-) Go me!

Sunday was recovery day. Sym came back home around 3 with T & K. They ended up spending the night. Monday was shop till you drop day! We shopped with Sym's birthday money. I got to buy also some things for our apartment to make it not look so blah boring. Sym bought 2 Brat Dolls, a Barbie house, a case for her DS that had decals for it too, Sims Castaway for the DS and that's about it I think. I bought 2 small rugs (1 for bath 1 for kit), a cookie sheet, a 5X8 area rug, 3 pieces of art for our living room and more multiplayer video games. Also got yarn for Sym's Sweater that I'm starting tomorrow. It is getting to be sweater time ya'll!! It is about time I gave knitting one a shot! lol I'll show ya'll yarn pron and pattern etc soon. ;-) Also Misc stuff was purchased too. Like cutesy coin purses and funky bracelets and head bands. Loverly!
We had a blast and now I leave you with a pic of my new living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment