Sunday, October 29, 2006

First Time at a Game in T Town

For my dad's birthday, I decided to buy tickets to take him to the University of Alabama Football game. A guy I work with was trying to unload his in-laws tickets at face value (2 for $70) so I jumped on it! Afterall, I've not seen Alabama play in person since the SEC Champ Game in 94 where they lost to Florida. My dad was psyched to go and then on friday I got a call from my stepmom. My dad couldn't make it. He had to dredge up business for his company.
A little heart broken from the whole thing, I started calling & offering the tickets to other folks. Then I ran into this guy at Ruby Tuesdays named Kenny who told me to go and cause a ruckous. I thought hard. Who would go with me? Would they cause a ruckous too? I called some family members but they had to work.
By chance my friend Eric was in town from Atlanta. I told him the story and he said, "Hell yeah I'll go with you! Yay!!"
So he did. We got down to Tuscaloosa at 10am & walked a mile or 2 to the Houndstooth and started drinking, cause they don't sell alcohol in the stadium. We had a Long Island Tea and 2 Grateful Deads each. Good lord at the buzz I was getting! I don't own any Alabama paraphinillia so I wore my Green Bay Packers hat. I did get ALOT of looks and I'll show you why later.
We hung out there until 1:30 watching the Auburn vs Ole Miss Game. I couldn't holler for Auburn because folks if you are in T-Town cheering for T-Town's biggest enemy, Auburn, you could get seriously injured. That and Eric said if I did he'd find another ride to his truck. LOL I just love the state of Alabama football, all the colleges, not just one.
We then made our way to the stadium. Here's why folks looked at me funny.
Do you see all the Red in the stands? LOL
Wildest thing, no Florida International fans, no Florida International Band, they didn't even have cheerleaders! It was as if their bus never made it. Hmmm T-Town triangle somewhere? Over zealous fans? Maybe........

Since absolutely no one through out the stadium was wearing any color other than Red or white or both, I got alot of looks.

Remeber Kenny from RT that told me to cause a ruckous, well he told me to send him a pic of me doing so. My friend Eric took this pic. Kenny the ruckous guy replied back saying "I'm glad you are at the game disturbing the peace. Ha ha ha!"
Here's the pic I sent him.







Here's Eric and Me at the game having a blast. Don't you love the goofy looks on our faces? Blah ha ha. I love camera phones!


Alabama won the game too. 38-3 They beat that Florida International ass!!!
I may invest in another Bama game road trip.

Maybe I'll luck out and get Alabama vs Auburn tickets! If you know anything about college football in Alabama, Bama v Auburn is THE GAME OF ALL GAMES in the season. It is the game that determines who gets to rub in the loss to the other team for the entire year. It is ALWAYS a good game!!!
If I do stumble on to some more tickets, no matter who is playing, hopefully my dad will go with me the next time.....
Cheers Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google