ShadKitty sent me a little get started spinning kit the other day. Don't believe me?
Here's the post. Anyways, due to Crazy Home, work and personal brain issues (yeah we all go through it!) I have neglected to give it a whirl. I have read the pamphlet that ShadK sent with the spindle and roving but the enlightenment did not come. :-( It happens. Some directions I just don't freakin get. So while Sym and I were out and about yesterday we hit
Knit Nouveau and I picked up this little book called "Spin It!". It was published by Interweave Press just like the pamphlet and has nice colored pics and more detailed instructions on the whole thing. I've read a little into it and started to feel a little confident to give it a whirl.
Well the first attempt has proven to be a bit off. LOL
Here's the evidence.

Sighs...
Got to hit the book some more! If I get too frustrated, I'll hit the needles instead! LOL
Big Hugs ya'll!!!
XOXOXO
Lesley
If you want to feel better about the stuff that you have spun, check out some of the stuff that is for sale on etsy. I was amazed at all of the "novelty" stuff that people are selling. I am extremely anal, so I like stuff to be even and small. Take a peek at the stuff I have on there also.
ReplyDeleteJenger is right. Some of that stuff is just plain shit. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI can hardly see it, but really, I wish I could show you my first drop spindle yarn. *shudders*