Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Updates Pics soon to follow

For those who've been following, here's an update on my completed knitting projects~

Teddy bear for Evie-- Success! She loved it and thought it was too cool

Sunday knit a thon 12am to 8am draw string bag--Yes I was up Sunday ALL Freaking night long and then went to work the next day. I just didn't want to sleep. It was weird but I did accomplish something. A very cool drawstring bag. I kind of wished I'd left it a hat because the bottom looks like I meant to do it! I used patrons yarn and some real pink softee yarn and knitted them together. I could have done a fair isle pattern but I'm not quite there yet. I don't totally get it yet but soon very soon I will. I may do the skull and crossbones hat that I've been wanting to do for some time.

Cheshire Cat Scarf--Success! completed and adored by my little sis Natalie.
She loved it!!!!

Fingerless Gloves (protesting knucks)--Unsuccessful. I knit one way smaller than the other and they just look horrid to me. So I threw in the towel. I'll try again on circs instead of flat knitting those bitches.


Knitting Projects To Do list...
1. Another Stuffed Animal for My Grandmother (She said she wants a teddy too)
2. Socks (Trying to find an easy pattern and tips from sock knitters. Please comment and give me any that you may have!!!)
3. Sweater for me cause I never knit anything for myself.
4. More Drawstring bags for Christmas gifts (minus the staying up all night long thing. I don't think I can do that again.)


I was at Applebees last night, knitting and drinking at the bar. I started on a little hat out of the same yarn as the fingerless gloves that I've trashed. I look accross the bar and there is a lady cross stitching at the bar. We did a toast to each other with our projects while everyone around us was joking about how we are going to make Tuesday's Craft night there. LOL That would be sooo freaking cool! 99 cent beers and everyone in the place knitting or doing their favorite craft! Brook and I will take care of this. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Socks are fun *COUGHaddictiveCOUGH* I can't stop making them! Try the ankle socks from magknits, pom squad. Use the turkish cast on and do both at once on the magic loop. That way you won't get SSS (second sock syndrome).

    Or, even better, do a gauge swatch, measure your foot, gimme the data and I can whip together a quick pattern for you. The heel will be the hardest/most confusing part. Plus, I'll give you gusset increases so they fit your feet better.

    Wow...I'm kind of pushy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pattern for basic socks at one time. If I didn't shred it in pure frustration (because i'm special like that...) then I will try to remember to bring it Sunday. In the mean time you may want to look at Hipknitism. Just a basic sock pattern but I got bored with it really quick!! Just depends where you want to start I guess!!

    ReplyDelete

Google