Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Have a holly jolly Christmas

I had a good Christmas this year!
Brook if you are reading this... I LOVE the needle Roll! After you left Sunday I started putting my needles into the slots!!! Thank you!!!

Most of my Christmas Eve and Day comprised of Quiche making and spending ALOT of time with Family which is always reallly fun! And of course I brought my knitting projects with me to the events! I'm soo ADD sometimes during those things that I'm either all in the way trying to help (even when they don't want me to) or outside chain smoking during down times. So I brought my knitting and it soo helped me to stay out of the way and saved me money on smokes.

Sym got the hook up this year, not just from Santa but from my mom, grandmother and relatives. Santa brought her barbie dolls, Tony Hawk Underground, skateboard, protective gear for the skateboard, wireless PS2 controller so she won't go blind playing Tony Hawk Underground, plus bunches of other misc things.
From my mom, she got Dance Dance Revolution and the game pad. Christmas day was such a blast with that thing! I loved doing it! I can't wait to get home so I can play it again. I'm even thinking about stopping by Target or Best Buy and seeing if I can't find another pad so we can play simultaniously! Too much fun!!!!!
And what Christmas would be complete with out busting open a bottle of my favorite wine Mandra Rossa? Oh I love that wine. Thank goodness there is still some left!

Currently on the needles:
(don't you just love lists?)
Norberta for Elliot: Yep I've started, scrapped and restarted on Norberta now for the past week. I was getting angry at myself for screwing up the counting. It has just been so hard lately to keep up with what row I am on. So I got a counter and started using it. Well for some reason sometimes I think that the counter is set to what I row I am to knit next then sometimes I realize hey that's the last row completed. Does anybody else have this problem from time to time?
Yet another draw string bag: I started this one yesterday and I'm now almost finished with it. I knitted while Sym was jamming out to Dance Dance Revolution that she got from her Nonna this year. Santa brought me 2 skeins of Bernat Ping Pong. It's pretty cool because it has tensil mixed in with the yarn. It is REALLY fun and a very quick knit. Because I always have to have a side project to work on when undergoing a project for someone else. (can't ya'll tell yet?)


Scraped Projects: (or at least put off for a while)
Bag knitted from plastic bags: I've scrapped this for now. I was getting WAY frustrated with the plastic walmart bags. They kept snapping at the worst places. I wish I had a better way of connecting the bags after cutting the continuous strip. Knots just don't work right with it. I think the next one I do will have to be out of the stronger plastic bags, like the red ones from Target or LYS. I think those would do quite nicely.Thanks for the comments guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like the needle holder. I didn't get a pic though so you'll have to do a photo shoot for me. :) I adore my bag. I grin everytime I think about it! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needle Rolls are the best. I think I need another for all of my DPNs.

    I was thinking of doing Norberta too. Once I finish my other 52 projects. lol Speaking of, how are your extreme socks coming along?

    ReplyDelete

Google