Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bad Ju-Ju

Yes, I finally finished it. As you can see it isn't all that great. It is rather small due to the yarn I chose to use for it. I can't believe I've finished it.

Image012.jpg

As ya'll remember, I started knitting it right after I found out about what the ex really has been doing. It was something that I could actually put that anger, frustration and hurt into. It wasn't just a fun knit. It had a purpose from the get go. To take away all that pain that was dropped on me like a bomb. What I got out of knitting this was a tiny doll, yarn burns on my right index finger and something I could physically put in my hand and channel my anger into. This doll is cursed. It is of no use to me or to anyone else with all the negative energy within it. It sounds silly that I did this but at the same time it isn't. Everyone does it, they just don't knit it into a doll. Instead they may dedicate their energy into their jobs, cleaning their house, or even scrap booking! {I think some of those die cast devices resemble mid-evil torture devices.)
Everyone reacts to anger, pain, fear, depression, self doubt, sadness, and despair in their own way. I chose to create this doll and now, I'm going to set it on fire. This doll should never been knit. I feel that now it does nothing but potentially cause me more pain or whomever it encounters. I must destroy it before Sym finds it.
The next bad ju ju I knit will be for decoration purposes at halloween and not as object to take on the personification of someone else.
One good thing I can say by having knit this that I recognize the growth and emotional progress I've made in the past 2 months since this all went down. Wow.
Just wait and see what this Lady is going to do 2 months from now!!
XOXOXO
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. You did a good thing, and burning it is even better. Be sure to bury the ashes and visiolize all your pain and anger leaving you, your house and your loved ones.

    And then start knitting a good Ju-Ju :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thoughts and actions behind juju. And that you did it to take away your pain! Just keep focusing forward on all the good that is coming to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think burning it will give you even more closure and help you to move even furthur emotionally! I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You are so much better than I am, I would probably cut it's head off and keep it around to maim whenever I was upset. Instead you think about the future and letting go of your anger. *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete

Google