Thursday, September 13, 2007

Strep Queen That's me!

Ya'll I'm out sick. I have caught the evil sinister Strep throat bug that has be plaguing the Birmingham area lately! Wouldn't you know it? The doc's nurse called me "Strep Queen" yesterday when she got the quick test results. WTH? I think I know why too. I haven't burned the Bad Ju-Ju yet. Sym has been sleeping with me and not giving me a minute to myself the past few nights.
Okay that's it! I'm burning it during business hours!
It is 100% Acrylic with acrylic stuffing too. What do you think? I think it is going to burn into a plastic ball. Kind of funny how that will work isn't it? No ashes just a ball o plastic to bury. What's crazier is the fact that that is really suiting, you know? The X will never really go away, but hopefully my bad feelings will!

In other news, I'm planning a road trip in October to go visit my knitting bff Shadkitty! Sym is going to have fall break in Oct so why not? Mr Shad is shipping out for 6 months and even if we just lock ourselves up in a room away from the kids to knit, I know we'll have a blast! I've been dying to meet her because she is a freaking rock knitting bad a$$ and just totally freaking cool!!

Knitting update:
Currently On the needles!


Sym's Soccer Sweat Rag: Using the lovely Sugar 'n Cream Cotton in an impromptu pattern just based off whatever basic knitting patterns I've come across. It is lime green and magenta pink (IMO)and so far so good. I'd say I'm about 75% Complete on it. Let's just hope I can make the other end match or at least come close since I forgot to write it down back when I started it! Silly Lazy Lesley. :-)



STR Basic Sock: 5% I'm on row 8 of the 3x1 ribbing on the first sock. I'm knitting it from the top down. I really wanted to do toe up but I just didn't. I just wanted to start these socks and not start a practice one first. I know silly Lesley, that's how you learn! But I just wasn't in the mood ya'll!! I know at least one of you have been there before! The Yarn Harlot has so :-P! Here's a pic of the center pull ball as it has been used. I think I need to find a bigger brush or not wind it so tightly.














New Loves!
Okay so here are some new things that I absolutely LOVE!!!
1. scrub pants! - I've always loved scrub pants, but my mom just gave me 2 pairs of drawstring scrub pants! Ya'll these are the most comfortable articles of clothing that you can ever imagine!!! They are soft, loose and perfect for lounging around the house especially when you are sick. She even gave me a scrub top! It is okay but the pants OMG!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!! I'm thinking about becoming a nurse just so I could wear these things ALL THE TIME!!!

2. Kittie (the band)- My co-worker Brian and I were chatting about music and MP3's and he asked me if I had any Kittie. Well, I didn't. Months went by since this conversation. I was looking through my CD's the other day and low and behold (amoungst the dust because I only do Mp3's)I stumbled upon a Kittie CD. "Where the hell did this come from?" I thought. Well I suddenly remembered the conversation Brian and I had. It is one of his fave bands. I popped that CD into my computer as I've been blogging this entry and I totally dig it! Go Chick singer! She freakin rocks! Unfortunately I only found the CD itself and no CD case. I wonder if this belonged to the X? Oh well! Mine now dear! Sorry. I just have to remember to bring the CD to work so Brian can enjoy the coolness too. Hmmm I wonder where my Smears CD is? I'm now in a chick punk mood!! LOL

What? Did you think I'm actually going to post about guys? Yeah right! My "Love Life" as of lately consists of my daughter, my hobbies and my friends. That's been enough for me. I kind of like it this way....for now. :-) I think I'll wait before I even start thinking about the opposite sex.

Okay well I think I'm going to lay down for a bit. My head is starting to hurt again. GRR just when I thought I was getting better my body starts reminding me that it isn't over yet.

XOXOXO
Lesley

7 comments:

  1. I love those colors together. How cool. Thanks for nominating me once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, you poor dear. hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the knitting! What is the sock yarn? It looks suspiciously like some Socks that Rock that I know you have. Have fun on your trip. And Kittie! Yes, I went and saw them at the House of Blues in New Orleans, unfortunately they refused to play their one hit. I guess it's some bitter feelings with a former member of the band, but how can you be a one hit wonder and not play your one hit. I left that night dissappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry your sick. Hope you feel better soon. Love the colors for sym's soccer rag. Sooo Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh strep is the worst! I used to get it EVERY winter until I was 16! I hope you get to feeling better. Hot tea or soup will help sooth your throat :)

    Hope you get to feeling better and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Hooray, I am so excited about October too!! It's fantastic. You rock so much!

    The socks look lover-ly! Don't you love socks? I do. lol As if that wasn't obvious. Sym must love that sweat rag. It's so cute!

    Get better soon girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that STR colorway "Puck's Mischief"? It looks awfully familiar.

    ReplyDelete

Google