(Ya'll I've been trying to write this post all week! I've been that busy!)
As ya'll can see in my ever growing side bar, I've been apart of the yarn miracle Dish Rag Tag. Emily the Hostess with the mostess announced the winner today. Our team didn't win but we had a blast!! WE all Got prizes!!! Susan sent me some wonderful goodies!! My camera sucks doggy doo so I haven't taken a pic to do it justice. Susan took a pic of the goodies before she sent them to me. Thanks Again Susan! You rock!!!!
The package arrived at Emily's yesterday afternoon. I hope we got second or third! We worked so hard on those cloths! I did too! I had a jammed packed afternoon!
I had to go home and get Sym's violin, soccer gear plus a snack and water. Then I had to haul ass to pick her up and rush her to violin lessons by 5:30. All the while I started my dishrag for Emily. Then immediately after lessons, we rushed 4 miles down the road to her soccer practice. We got there by 6:15 and practice started at 6. I knitted away on Emily's dishrag. Oh! I made her the petal dishcloth because I knew I could knit her up in 2 hours or less!. Well while sitting on the soccer field I screwed it up! I had to undo the 3 petals I had knit during her violin lessons and the first 10 minutes of soccer practice. I started it up again, this time ending where I KNEW I would remember where I was at. 3 Petals of 12 down, 9 to go! We got home and I sent a message to the Tag forum to let the ladies know that I had the box and was working diligently at getting my dish rag knocked out! I finished that bad boy in 1 hour and 30 minutes total knitting time! Go Lesley! I woke up the next morning, was 45 minutes late to work because I waited for the post office to open at 8:30. I was first in line buddy!! I didnt' mind really because after knitting the dishrag I started knitting a sweat towel for Sym!!!
She loves the colors and I will hopefully finish it tonight so she can have it for her first game tomorrow. I met some nice ladies at the post office too, one a crocheter and the other was a nice French lady who gave me some accent pointers. :-)
The box went out and I am uber proud of myself for getting that bad boy out the door in less than 24 hours. It doesn't compare to some of the incredible ladies on my team. Rebecca picked up the box at 12, knit her dishrag, repacked the box and had it back at the post office by 5!! That's incredible! She even skipped lunch!! She freaking rocks!!! Thanks Lady!!!
This has been so much fun and VERY Exciting and I've loved every minute of it!!! Thanks Emily for an awesome game!!
XOXO
Lesley
PS. Frige Art Friday will be posted tonight. Sorry. It has been a hell of a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment