Sunday, September 16, 2007

Go Green Bay!!!

I'm feeling alot better ya'll! Thank you for your Get wells!!!
Bet you'd never see that one as a title huh? Yes folks I am a Packers fan and damn proud of it! I never talk much about football on my knitting blog. I try to keep most of my knitting maddness here but you know, there are so many things that I like and don't like that make up make up the Crazy lady that you read here.
Today, I was hell bent on watching the Packers game. I searched the net trying to find out what channel it would come on only to find out that I couldn't watch it in the privacy of my own home. Usually that's the best place for me to watch it because there aren't many Packers fans in Birmingham. Hi my name is Symone I am 8 years old what is your name and howold are you?
(Ya'll say hey to Sym! She had to add her piece to the blog today. ;-) LOL)
Being what seems to be the only Packer fan in Alabama, I sucked it up and went to the Fox and Hound to watch the game. Great place! Thank goodness they had the game!! I hate how they regionally decide which games to play where! Grr
Of course when you are solo going to a bar & grill and the only fan in the place you must bring your knitting! It's like a rule!
Luckily I wasn't too solo. My long time ago friend Adam was working behind the bar so it wasn't too lonely. I warned him immediately. I told him that I am usually in the privacy of my home or other football fans when I watch football. It doesn't matter the team! Reason being, I'm loud, and I cuss like a sailor. I didn't have Sym with me for that reason. The last time she had watched me watch football she cried because I was yelling at the Tv and she was afraid the Tv would stop working. ;-)
Anyways, Here I was watching the game. Green bay Scored and what did you hear? Why this lady Whootin and Hollarin for a team that NO ONE in the ENTIRE PLACE Cared about! That's what! LOL I tentatively watched the game talkin only during commercial breaks and knitting neck level! LOL Luckily I didn't cuss like a sailor! LOL In the forth quarter the Packers took the ball running 72 yards down the field, my butt came off the stool, and there I was jumpin up and down saying "go go go!!", I threw my arms in the air and yelled "Touch Down Green Bay! WOOO Hell Yeah!!!"
The Basic Sock and I had a great time watching the game even though I was the only fan!! The sock rooted for Green Bay too and the won!! 35-13 and Farve Broke John Elway's record for starting Quarterback with the most winning games 179! Go Bret!! Muwah!!

Here's the Basic Sock Progress..I knit about 7-10 rounds during the game (started getting fuzzy) ha ha Get it?
Image020.jpg

XOXO
Lesley

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Lovin' the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Um...I don't watch football. lol It makes me fall asleep. We do baseball. :)

    But anyways, I am glad you are feeling better and the sock looks great! I am excited for you! (And excited to have you come visit)

    Oh, and Hi Symone! My name is Crystal and I am 22 years old. How ya doin girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I love me some football too.. Pats fan, tho. But hey, the Pack's looking good this season.. and Brett's just getting cuter with age. Yay football knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feelin better. Sock is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you went to a bar w/your knitting to watch a football game... LOVE IT....

    and i can't watch hockey w/my ctg because i'm sooooo verbal & get soooo into it (and he happens to like the team i dont like on TOP of it all) so he just can't watch w/me....

    hi sym ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colorway is amazing. what is it?

    ReplyDelete

Google