In the past few months I've been loading Symi-D's MP3 player with various songs that I think she might like. Back when she first got it, I put some Maroon 5 on there for her amoungst LOTS of other songs that I thought wouldn't be too out there for her. She LOVED Maroon 5 and played their music over and over and over. Especially the song "She will be loved." I think she took to that one because of the divorce. So...
I haven't told her about this yet, but I'm thinking long and hard about taking Symi-D to see Maroon 5 in Atlanta. She hasn't been to too many concerts and this one would be one she would thoroughly enjoy. I believe. I wish they were going to play in Birmingham though.
I remember my mom and dad taking me to my first concert when I was around her age. It was the Stray Cats. Yeah! I still love that band to this day too. My mom took us to a couple more concerts too, The Bangles and Debbie Gibson (Yep I was a DG fan back as a kid.)
From when I was 16 on, oh the concerts I would hit! OMG To name a few, Drivin and Cryin, Train, Arosmith, Megadeath, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, then I won't even mention all the cool bands I saw back in the 90's at City Stages. Way too many good ones.
I hope that I can give Sym that.
Thanks Mom!!
To this day, I still love live music. I love watching them even if it is local or a renown artist. I just wish there were more kid friendly places to watch live music or that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to see them.
How about all you mom's out there? What concerts have you taken or will take your kids to see?
Hey, Maroon 5 and Counting Crows ARE playing Birmingham, Sept. 30th at Oak Mountain. Just a heads up :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt! You saved me some gas money!! :-)
ReplyDelete