Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ah Vacation over That stinks!!!

I had a blast doing the vacation thing last week. Lots of fun!! Most of it wasn't planned too far in advance which I kind of like. ;-) I got out! Yes folks! I left my apartment! LOL

I must confess, not much knitting was accomplished.
Six Flags was great! Sym and I hit the coasters and had a ball! We didn't get to Ride the Batman nor the Superman rides. There's still enough summer to plan that trip hopefully. ;o)
Six Flags Trip
I needed to have had another person or 2 with us to actually take pics of us on the roller coasters. Maybe next trip. Sym and I had a blast! We hit Monster Plantation which you may or may not know is like one of the oldest rides there, i think. Sure does look like it. See even the pic is grainy like those old antique photos. They really need to clean up the animatronics.
Sym in Monster Plantation

Also I got to go out like an adult for once! Wow! I went to see Caddle at a local bar. They are a B-ham band that's pretty good. They are definately a "Live Band". They tell stories on stage, that were quite funny. Here's their website if you are interested. They claim to be country rock alternative. I think they are rock with a twang. ;-)

Also I went to see Blind Melon on Wednesday. They have a new lead singer, Travis Wilson, who sounds just like Shannon Hoon but has his own groove too. Here's a video clip my friend Brian took at the show.
See!! He does sound like Shannon doesn't he?


Thursday was Tubing with the Pizza Hut gang!!!! There's this place called Limestone Park down in the middle of nowhere. You pay the guy $10 bucks, he hands you an tube, and gives you a ride into the middle of his pasture and drops you off by a river. You get on the tube and float down the river. You can buy a cooler tube for $5 to haul your beer, snacks or non alcoholic bevs too. (I prefer beer personally) IT was awesome. I have been waiting 8 years to go! You go over 3 sets of rapids. Lukily Sym and I both got away with minimal scratches. Dude if you have never been you should go. At least once in your life. The last time I went I was pregnant with Sym. Yeah I was a prego dare devil. >:-) he he

Friday & Saturday Was All with the fam!! Sym and I hung out with my relatives from Virginia, grandparents, aunts and uncles and COUSINS!! My God I didn't realize how many cousins I have now. It's getting up to the 20's just from that clan!! I love them all dearly! I brought back memories of being the kid and playing in the same spots my daughter was. It is so weird to be the adult. You know? My grandfather tripped me out! He taught Sym how to drive his Kabota lawn mower. Do you realize that when I was a kid we were instructed never to touch the lawn mower under any circumstance. (we were allowed to play in his boat though. LOL) And here he is teachin Sym how to drive it!! I was jealous, just a little. ;-)


Sunday was knit day. My buddy Mary came over with her angel Alayna. We knitted, the kids played then my butt went to bed. LOL

That about sums up the entire week off. I hope ya'll enjoyed!
Here's Sym drivin the Lawnmower. It is about as big as she is!
Sym and the Kabota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google