Of Course you do!!!
First of all last weekend I had my first date since the divorce. I shall not go into much detail as of now. But he is a great guy, he was very sweet and wants to go out again! It was an actual date which I was nervous about anyways. LOL We had dinner and saw a movie. Do you know how long it has been since I've gone on a "first date?" Quite a LONG time.
I have been knitting!!! I'm updating ravelry when I can usually early in the morning as you can tell. I've been knitting a secret birthday gift for the incredible ShadKitty the past couple of days. It is going to arrive to her late mostly because the non knitted item I'm givin her hasn't arrived yet.
Last night I went out on a school night to listen to my Co-Worker Brian sing. He is pretty good. He has a good voice and is quite a character. He has a song he sings called Medium Pace that will have you in stitches. Check out his Myspace Profile. The song is there but be wary if the kids are around. You may want to wait until they are asleep or something.
To keep this lady from drinkin or smokin too much, I brought the Secret knitting with me. As I was knitting on it, Brian turned everyone in the bar's attention to me by saying "You see that lovely lady in the corner there" I look up mid stitch, "She is a knitter and knits just about anything especially Willy warmers. Ya'll need to check out her myspace and check out her wares" I laughed my ass off. I have never been called out before.
Here is a pic of the project with Brian in the background.

After Brian's announcement, this girl at another table looked at me and mouthed/asked "Are you knitting one right now?" I laughed and mouthed back "no I'm knitting ______"
ShadKitty doll, your gift is now well recognized at the Red Line in Hoover. LOL
The best line I've ever heard at a bar.
We were all (Brian, Tim, Mark, Jon and ?) were sitting at the table after Brian sang. Jon turns to me and says "Who's on your shirt? Your boobs are hiding somebody." I laughed my ass off at that. How many times does a girl hear that one?
Brian got his Christmas present from his GF early which is a HD digi camera. He took a pic of me and Tim, with the gift. Yo you take knitting on the road and you must take pics!!! I am not posting this one until I'm finished with the gift. It would give it away. He he he!
I finished up Jim's Jayne Cobb hat last week. Here's a pic of that:

Let's see, what else okay that's all for now. I'll read back on my blog and try to find out if I'm leaving anything out.
Thanks for stopping by!!
XOXOXOXO
Lesley
Love to hear that you are doing so well!!
ReplyDeleteThe hat is awesome!! I love the bright colors!
Glad to hear you are doing alright. Yay for first dates...Well, the good ones anyway. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHurrah!!! How awesome :) I'm glad you've been having fun! *big hugs*
ReplyDelete