It is an amazing thing how God takes care of you when least expected.
I did my delivery thing this weekend. I REALLY needed the money!!! After gas and all I was left with around $40 to get my girl & me through this week until day job payday. (yeah see what no child support gets ya?)
Anyways, Sym had a pumpkin project that I also had to use a little of this money for. It was due today. So we got the materials to make it yesterday and spend every bit of my tip money on it and other things we needed for Halloween. All that cash gone in a blink! Needless to say I was scrounging change this morning.
I was starving at lunch today. So I grabbed my bag and was looking for my phone when I found a check from this company I did a little work for earlier this year. It was $40.00 that I had totally forgotten about! The check was 7 months old though. So I called the company, went down there and exchanged the check! $40 richer! Then I stopped by to see my sis as I ate on my $3.00 veggie delight from subway (just because I'm 40 richer doesn't mean I'm going to splurge! LOL). She wasn't working and just as I was about to get in the car when one of my co-worker/friends at Pizza Hut hollered at me.
He said "Hey you need to pick up your check."
"What check? I have direct deposit." I said.
"Last pay period, they only deposited half the checks into everyones account and sent checks for the other half."
(see since I only work one day a week, my checks from there are only around $50 every 2 weeks. I didn't even notice that it was off last time!)
He hands me the check and it was for $26.00! He kind of laughed at it and I said "Hey when you are as broke as I am right now every little bit helps!!"
It is amazing how the big guy upstairs is looking out for us! Even when I'm at my lowest, I'm pulled out of it knowing that He's looking out for Sym and me.
XOXO
Lesley
PS. I know I am horrible about getting pictures!! I promise I'll take a pic of Sym's Pumpkin Project when I pick her up. Just for ya'll! It really did turn out good!!
I know making a dollar stretch is hard, but I have learned this year of being so sick that God does pull thru at the last possible second.
ReplyDeleteLove to you and Sym
*hugs!* I know exactly how you feel hun! I was so overjoyed today when I called my car insurance company to find out if I could pay them partial on our overdue balance, and they filed an extension for me! It was a big ($215!) load off my shoulders. There is always somewhere to turn.
ReplyDeleteThat totallyl rox!!!!
ReplyDelete