Saturday, August 08, 2009

Ok so it's august...

I still can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. I'm literally overwhelmed with all the activities going on the next 2 months. First of all, I have until sometime next month to find a house to live in. I've found one, submitted an offer and now I'm playing the waiting game. I've got a good rate locked in and I'm anxious to get in. I'm also working my but off to save up enough for Sym's birthday party at the end of this month. We've decided that if I pay for her a grand party, I don't have to buy her anything. I love my kid. ;-) She knows I work hard and that to pay for everything by myself isn't easy.
Also going on this month is my grand father's birthday. My sister pam's is next month and she's gonna be 30. I'm trying to figure out what is going to be done about that party thing too.
Also I've got work going on and am about to approach the busy season for me. Both jobs. Pizza, foot ball season approaches and desk job release period.
But that doesn't mean that we don't get a chance to party. OH heck no!! I took sym to Alabama adventure yesterday. She couldn't do the water park so we just hit the coasters and the other spin you around till you throw up rides. ;-) Thank God for Buy one get one free coupons. I wanted to do something a little special for her since she starts 5th grade next week and the last thing we did this summer trip wise was our North Alabama Adventure. ;-) Love my kid. Still can't believe she is about to turn 10!! 10 Y'all!! that's like a decade! That's 10 years!! I can still remember those insignificant moments of the day she was born like they were yesterday. For instance, chowing down on corn dogs on the way to the hospital because I knew they wouldn't let me eat once I got there. The fact that she was born one minute before Days of Our Lives was supposed to come on. Yeah. 11:59 AM. Drugged on epidural and other good meds, I had told the nurses to wake me for Days when instead they said "Do you feel anything? You are having hard contractions!" Oh sorry the drugs are doing a good job. Can I have that doc's number? I'd love to feel like this again. LOL just kidding. From that day/night on, I didn't get a good night sleep until she was 4 years old. I don't think I ever will sleep like I did before I had her. Especially when she hits the teen years. I love my baby girl. She's the silliest person I know.
Our Conversation:
Me: "Come on Sym I want to take a pic of your smile."
Sym: "OK" (Crossed eyes and tongue out and ready)
Me: "Sym Seriously hun. I have way too many pics of your tongue."
Sym: "Ok mom"
(Just as the button was hit, I see a pic of sym smiling as the camera was thinking and saving it came out with her tongue out. Sighs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google