Monday, August 17, 2009

It's all about what and who you know right?

Well there's face book for WHO you know. But there is the internet for giving you WHAT you know. ;-)

I had some free time today. In my BUSY life I have a hard time getting around to basic house cleaning stuff regularly. IT happens to everyone. Me especially. 2 jobs will do that to ya. SO I thought I'd share with ya'll the links to the places I hit online today. (Actually I'm being completely selfish. I'm only posting these here so I can get back to them later for more inspiration. ya'll just get the benefit.Doesn't mean I don't love ya.)

organize-home-getting-yourself-motivated

maintain-house-cleaning-schedule

residential-cleaning

clean-room-quickly

keep ceiling fans dust free

hints-cleaning-carpet-stains

healthy-carpet-cleaning


washing_machine cleaning

clean-dishwasher-kool-aid

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley,
    I came over from Bo's. See, your comment to come and pester you worked!

    I am not sure if you've heard of FlyLady. There are a lot (and many of them Anonymous) of opinions of her site. I like her philosophy: start with shining your sink, and: jump in where you are. I didn't get the shiny sink thing until after a while; I knew there was at least one clean place in my house, and somehow it managed to spread a little. I also like the zone concept and the hot-spots. If you sign up for her email make sure you choose the digest version, she will drive you carzy otherwise (and remember: the delete button is you friend!).

    As with everything else in life, you choose what you want. I certainly don't follow her "religously". She does have a great Crisis Cleaning plan. And the once-a-week-once-over works great.

    Now, if there was only some way of keeping my yarn in control. I must tell you, I am not at all worried about oil prices going up; I have enough yarn to knit myself a house-cozy. Oh, and I still have lots of fabric too that I could use to quilt covers for all the doors and windows (I am not a "Quilter" but I do know how - just like I am not sock-knitter although I would know how to knit one or two).

    I've been stumbling on 30 Days of Nothing entries lately. I don't have a problem spending too much but I was thinking that maybe I should try a 30 Days of No New Yarn? What do you think? Would I survive?

    Hugs,
    Lena
    who finished her first Christmas present yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Hi Lena! Thanks for the Pester! I've heard of Flylady yet I haven't gotten around to her yet. ;-) I have followed that philosophy, start with one shiny place and others shiny places follow. I've been keeping the kitchen sink empty which hopefully will lead to me actually taking the time to sweep daily and mop weekly instead of doing both weekly. I have a tiny kitchen but it still manages to erk me to clean it.
    Being exhausted when I'm off work does that. I'm doing which is all I can do. I've decided to post a big huge sign designating certain chores for certain days of the week since my weekends tend to be my busiest days of the week.
    I won't even go there on the yarn!! I have WIP bins scattered throughout my home right now. I'm REALLY bad about starting projects and just setting them aside. However my yarn stash I have not been increasing. I have barely had time to go clothes shopping let alone yarn. I have however been drooling online. It really helps to look but not touch. If you can touch it you end up buying it. ;-) I have awesome friends in my knitting group that give yarn for birthday and christmas presents. I do love them. ;-) So I actually have yarn just waiting to be knit. Hunny, if you follow the look but don't touch and buy it philosophy, you'll make it with 30 days no new yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Google