Ah August! The heat, the beginnings of fall, school starting and the annual Dish Rag Tag begins!! I'm already chomping at the bit ready to get it started! Emily at YarnMiracle.com is the incredible brains behind this annual event. For 3 years now the US postal service is bombarded with small boxes filled with yarn and goodies shipped coast to coast in hopes of winning the coveted prize of being the Winner! Damn this is what keeps me looking forward to August. DRT baby!! IF you snooze you lose! Talk about a rush! Yes folks knitting can give you a rush especially if you have 8-10 people counting on you to knit the dish rag as fast as you can to send it to the next one. I seriously tune out the world in order to get that cloth finished. Calls go unanswered by me, Sym answers the phone. My sweet Sym knows not to mess with mommy during the DRT. I love August just because of the DRT.
Speaking of School starting back, Sym's first day of school is today. This isn't the best picture because it was taken by my camera phone while she was waiting on the bus this morning. She was totally excited to go back to school. I just hope she continues down the eager to learn path. She's so smart and special. I don't know where I'd be without her. ;-)
Hey Lesley!
ReplyDeleteJust came over to take a look at your blog and say thanks for playing along at Gauche Alchemy!
She looks so grown up...wher does the time go/
ReplyDeleteTell me about it! I'm still trying to figure out where the time went! She is so growny. Someimes I forget she's just almost 10. She keeps me smiling even when I don't feel like it.
ReplyDelete