Saturday, January 12, 2008

My first concert of 2008

And guess who it was! None other than The Dresden Dolls!! Natalie my lovely sis and I went to the show. Neither of us have seen them live and if you haven't, I STRONGLY suggest you catch one!!! (Natalie is the sister I taught to knit and she's even started a knitting blog too! Hey sis! Love Ya!!!)
First of all, I'll give ya'll a bit o history. Natalie and I haven't gone out together in quite a long time. Both of us love the Dresden Dolls and both of us REALLY needed a night out!! We deserved to go out on a school night. We both did a bit o makeup, and dressed nice without overdoing it. ;-) So here we are before the show...

Natalie and I had a blast chatting on the way to the show and singing along with Amanda and Brian's first album. We arrived at Work Play all gitty and anxious to see them!!!
We found a kick ass table (since we are over 21 we got to sit at a table that is higher than the heads of the crowd. ;-) ) right next to the stage closest to where Brian plays the drums. We were within feeling the love distance I shall say. We anxiously sat and drank New Castles and listened to the opening band, Two Ton Boa.
The first thing I noticed from our lovely table view about Two Ton Boa was that not only did they kick ass but their bassist was wearing 4 inch heels and getting down on stage. Okay I'm a lady and all but not one that wear heels on a regular basis nor be able to actually get funky in them like this guy!!!
They were awesome! The lead singer, Sherry, has a voice like Grace Slick from Jefferson Starship and she appropriately sang "Alice" by them too!! Natalie got it on video and is in the process of uploading it. I shall share it with ya'll as soon as she gets it. We had such great seats that we even saw Brian sneak out and watch them on stage!! Natalie didn't catch him before he was noticed by the rest of the crowd. So we didn't get to take his pic. :-( After being wowed by Two Ton Boa, our excitement levels upped about 10 levels for the Dresden Dolls!
We were so ready for them!! I was starting worry a little about Nat though. She's tall, and we were REALLY close to the stage and the only objects separating her from Brian V was the table, a rail and me! I could see the drool starting to seep from the corners of her mouth in anticipation to see the hot Brian V. Then they came out!
There he is! OMG!! Here are some more pics that Natalie took of the Show. She took some incredible ones of the Dresden Dolls. Natalie you really need to go into the photography biz lady! I love you!!!
They were incredible!! The musical chemistry they have was mesmerizing. They sang some incredible songs! I will never forget them singing "You've Got to Fight for your Right to Party" or of course the famous "Coin Operated Boy". Incredible!!!
Alright ya'll I've got to go.
Enjoy the pics!! There is a few more on my myspace.
XOXOX
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google