Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Alot in 8 Days.....No smoking, No nose, the Dresden Dolls and snow? What?

Yep! 8 whole days since I've had a cigarette! Go me huh? I'm proud. Thank you so much for the encouraging words ya'll!!! You guys are so special to me!! Thank you!!! I'm not worthy!! **bowing I'm not worthy! <3 ya'll!!!

I'm starting to get a bit of a cough and my nose is trying to run away but Kleenex keeps catching it for me. I just hope my nose doesn't run off to Aruba. They are still looking for that girl there and I really don't want my nose to go missing that long! My sense of smell is getting better and I just don't think I could handle losing it permanently. Not to mention that would really be attractive wouldn't it? Yes, I can see the personal ads now!
"Hi, I'm LesleyD. I'm a recent non-smoker, single mom, and I don't have a nose. Why are you running away? Please come back!!" ;-)
Aren't I the sexiest without a nose? ;-) I really wanted to see how I would look without a nose so through the miracle that is photo editin software and my gusto for non-smokin I bring you.....


Sorry I've been away for a bit ya'll. I hope you noticed my new blog post that blogger decided to post before my letter to Camel Lights. Oh well. If you do the myspace thing why haven't you befriended me already? hmm? Well my myspace friends can see the rest of the pictures here. ;o) If you want to see them and you aren't my friend already, just click here. Ask nicely and I'll make you my friend then check out the pics! Here's a highlight...Me and the Dresden Dolls!! yeah I'm cool now. ;-)



I've been knitting religiously since my last cigarette on Jan 14 at 8:30ish pm. Can't you tell?








I've completed the following:
1. Calorimetry . I knitted it in Caron's Simply Soft from my stash. Yes Cole I STILL have more of the Caron Simply Soft left over too!! Frankly I can't believe it either. ;-) I began knitting it on Day one of No Smokin and finished it by bed time day 2. My beautiful sis Natalie hasn't posted the pic of it yet. It even has some snow in it. Oh yeah I didn't mention that did I? Oops! I'll get to that.. Natalie is knitting it too bless her heart. Ya'll send good knitting wishes her way! She's GoddessKnitz (with a Z) on Ravelry too!! Tell her I sent ya! ;-)

2. Swatch for SOTSii - Not pictured due to unraveling. :-) Knitting it in Knit Picks Shadow on size 4 KP Option needles. Yes I am a knit picker. ;-) YEs it is the yarn I was going to use for SOTS 1. Oh well. I'll get over it later.

3. A black hat for Miss Symi-D Complete with matching Pom-Pom from the glamorous Pom-Pom maker by Clover. (I love my toys!) The yarn, Lion Brand I think, some Soft Acrylic stuff that had a baby on the band(can't remember the exact name and think I may have lost the band). Yeah stash yarn again!! (Do you see a trend?)

4. Wove in All Yarn ends on EVERY washcloth I knit since November (10 total)

We totally interrupt knitting news and take you now to this week's spotlight.... Milk Disappearance = Snow in Birmingham AL? You are kidding right?
Last Friday, the weather guys predicted 1-2 inches of Snow for Saturday and said the temp for Friday night would be around 19. Sym and I stayed at Natalie & Mikey's place on account that I have a heat pump that really doesn't heat my place very well when it is 19 degrees outside.
It's weird how snow makes the milk and bread disappear from every grocery store in Birmingham or is it that if every gallon has disappeared from the shelves it will snow? Hmmm. I actually saw a lady at Publix Friday night with, seriously 6 freakin gallons of milk in her buggy just for the POSSIBLE 1-2 inches!! I could understand 3 gallons but 6? (really I can't understand 3 either). Sym actually pointed the lady out to me too. She grabbed me by the hair and pulled my ear to her and asked, "Momma, why does that lady have 6 gallons of milk in her buggy?" Honestly ya'll, I've asked myself that question every time the weather guys mention snow in my 29 years in Birmingham. I whispered back to Sym "People buy out the milk in the grocery stores when the weather guys say it is going to snow." She gave me a look like I was crazy then I just shook my head and said, "I know doll, people around here go crazy and do things that don't make much sense, when they say it is going to snow."
Since ALL of the milk left the shelves of EVERY grocery store in the ENTIRE Birmingham Metropolitan area, the little guy that turns the snow switch on in the clouds, listened to the groans of people who really needed milk and couldn't find any. He decided that we earned the right to snow in 2008! It snowed in The Magic City Saturday 1/19/08 at around 9:00 AM CST, and didn't stop until about 10:30-11ish in the AM. Accumulation was about 1-2 inches in some areas. The car had about 1 1/2 inches or so. Just enough to make snow balls and throw them at Sym! We did take pics and I will share as soon as Nat uploads them. We didn't get any of the snowball fight though. Sorry.
The snow melted promptly at 1:00 PM CST. Yes, here and gone within 4 hours. Envious? I hope not, you'd miss the snow trust me. Most of ya'll that read my blog get more snow in 10 minutes than we get in 10 years. Really! But if ya'll want to move down here I would welcome you with open arms. Just remember, if you want it to snow in Birmingham, all you have to do is have everyone in town buy out all the milk. We get at least dandruff every time. ;-)
No Milk at Publix, that means snow!!

Back to knitting news...
January On the Needles:
1. Secret of the Stole Hint 1 of many - Progress = 10% (I've cast on!)
2. Grey Sock Resurrected!- 80% on sock 1 of 2. Yo! I could get used to this again!! It has been awoken from hibernation!! It is amazing what lack of nicotine can do to a knitter. This is a Ravelry project. I have yet to update the pic. I know I'm horrible at this pic thing huh?
3. Willy Warmer #2 for the hell of it. (Yeah I knit one for the first time back in DEC as a gag gift for a friend's hubby. It was interesting nonetheless and he did get a kick out of it. After all, what's the use in living 50 years if you have a cold willy? He was the first guy that actually asked me to knit one for him. I wish I would have taken a pic of it. Ew! Not him modeling it though. That's just sick! He is my friend's hubby! If she has pics of him modeling I hope she'll keep them to herself. Please God may she not be reading this and try to post a pic!)

Hey look! Lesley only has 3 projects going on right now? What gives?
It is tough takin pics!! That's why! Nah, I'm just trying to keep things simple.
Yep. That's a goal! Not too many going on at once for me anymore! It's time to finish at least one project I've kept putting off, socks mainly.

Speaking of OFF, I'm taking Friday & Monday off. You know why? Because I'm turning 30 on Sunday the 27. That's why. ;-) Advice please!!! I'm not ready to turn 30!!! Make it go away!!!
Nah, I'm actually alot more mellow than I thought I'd be especially since I'm not smoking!! I thought I would have killed someone by now but no, just knitting away on my sock or whatever else I have near by. I find security in carrying sharp sticks though. ;-)
It has occurred to me that there needs to be a list of things to have at all times when you are Quitting cancer sticks. I think I shall add these to the end of my blog. Kind of like how my dear knitting friend Cole includes 3 things she is thankful for that day. I like that too Cole! Keep at it!!!

3 things a Non-Smoker carries with them (and is thankful for!!):
1. A knitting UFO to occupy her time
2. GUM!!!
3. Twizzlers

Love, Good Knitting Vibes and a Good night to all of you!!!
XOXO
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. I borrowed the thankful thing from a lady that is in our Cash for Stash group over on Ravelry. You are ahead of me on the SOTSii -- I just got my yarn yesterday! I hopefully will be doing a swatch tonight. Good for you on your 8 days without your Camel Lights; you are really doing great. I can't wait to see your calorimetry. I did one and it came out too big but I intend on making another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the time without a cigarette!

    ReplyDelete

Google