Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Knitting

Yes I knitted at the family function. I'm an adict and damn proud. I guess my family knows better to try to stop me from doing something that is totally out of the norm in front of the fam. That's my exhibitionist side screaming I guess.
There was a little girl at the get together that saw me knitting and asked me to knit her something. So I knitted her a wrist band. I didnt' get a pic of the band that I knitted. It was pretty boring anyways, Pink and Blue red heart yarn stripped unproportionally. What did you expect? I did it in an hour or two or something like that. She was happy someone took the time to knit her something and I was happy to oblige.

I've finished Evie's Bear!!! I knitted the sweater and the skirt without patterns and the sweater is my first! Ready for the adult version? we'll see.
checkit out!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Also I've started on a cheater's fingerless gloves to avoid knitting knuck 2. I've knitted a few for Symone. She keeps loosing them. I found one the other day. I wonder where the other one went? The mysterious Symone Triangle perhaps?

I wanted to knit myself a pair and so by golly I am goin do it!!!
I can't remember where the pattern is from but it is pretty easy.

Cheater's Fingerless Gloves
2 needle knitting
Choose whatever yarn and needles to gauge what will suit you.
Cast on 40 stitches (adjust to even number depending on the yarn and your hand size)
k1, p1 for the rib around the wrist for about 6 rows or so
Change to stockinette until it is about over where you want it to cover on your hand. measure as you go.
When it is about where you want it, K1 P1 for 4 rows.
Bind off
Sew up the edge just leave a hole for your thumb and voila!

I finished the first one when Brook and I were knitting today. She took a picture of it too!!! She was working on booties for her friend. I gave her that super easy 2 needle bootie pattern that I used for my co-worker.

I absolutely adore Brook! I have so much fun just chillin and knittin with her!
She took pics of our get together today. Hopefully we'll have a couple more joining us next time. Right Angie? We can't wait to meet you girl!

Salut folks!!! Happy Knitting!!!

3 comments:

  1. That Brook Girl Rocks!! :) Maybe we can get together and knit at the little party next sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vroom Vroom!!! http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006270608,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she hand embroidered the badge on the hood! Damn what attention to detail!!!

    ReplyDelete

Google