Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wow!! News and other stuff

Well as you can see the blog has been changed around a bit. I like it for now.

In other news, I've told those that are closest to me, I've also announced on facebook but now I think I've just gotta share here. This blog has been with me longer than myspace or facebook. I don't have the heart to ever stop blogging. Even if I don't always have the time. But I'm working on that. ;-)

The story....
Last year on the first day of school (or was it the second) Sym didn't get home as quickly as she normally does. Instead I received a phone call from some strange out of town number. I answered and it was Sym. She asked me if her friend Savannah's dad could take her home. I asked her "Who is Savannah and where are you?" She then told me that Savannah had gotten off at Sym's bus stop instead of her own and Sym walked her home. Luckily it was just around the corner from her bus stop at the apartments. I then told her that I was on my way and to be waiting outside. I could have strangled her neck but at the same time, I love the kindness in her heart. I did ground her for a week for trying to get a stranger to take her home.
He actually told her that no she needed to call her mom.
That's when I met him. Johnny, at first site I saw something but dismissed it. NO joke. I thought eh he's older and probably not interested. We met. We chatted a little about the kids. Then I took Sym home and grounded her.
A week later Sym went to play with Van and spent the night with her too while I slung pizzas. I totally didn't see that he was interested in me at all.
Then a few weeks later we moved into our new home. The condo!!! The first weekend after the move, Savannah spent the night with us. I showed him and his older daughter Chy the place. full of boxes and chaos but for the most part liveable. LOL
After Van spent the night, Johnny came by the next day and picked up Sym. Then a couple of days later I get a call from him.
He said "If you want to go out some time let me know I'll take you out"
I told him "Well you are on the phone with me now. Why don't you just name the time and day and we'll go from there."
Seriously ya'll. I had no freakin clue he was even interested until that phone call.
And our first date was Sunday breakfast at Crackerbarrel. lol

Several road trips, moving people, and 10 months later last night at Pablos Lee branch at 5:15pm with a pitcher of margaritas, guacamole and salsa to witness, he asked me if I would marry him. I said yes. He gave me a ring and the Server gave us free shots of tequilla. It couldn't have been more perfect. :-)
Oh and Sym knew he was going to propose to me all along. YEah! She didn't tell me anything!!! I may have to ground her for witholding info from her momma. ;-) Just kidding.

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhh!!!!!!! congrats!! that is so sweet and awesome! you are the best and deserve nothing less.

    ReplyDelete

Google