Thursday, January 08, 2009

And then the rain stops



"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." -- Anne Frank

For the past 2 weeks it feels like it has been raining nonstop! You would think that I lived in Forks instead of Birmingham AL! The dreary yet humid weather during Christmas, and the nonstop rain since New Year's eve has had me a bit down. So to see that sunset from my balcony last night gave me a new hope for a promising "Fine in 09".

10 years ago, this week was a pretty significant to me. It was the week I found out I was pregnant with Sym. I had missed my dec period and it was on the 11th of Jan that I went out and bought a prego test. Sure enough all 3 tests said I was pregnant. Then a doc visit a week later confirmed it as well. God it is hard to believe she is almost 10!! I'm a little beside myself thinking about this. I'm going to be 31 on the 27th and I have a beautiful daughter whom if I didn't decide to have her, I would be totally alone and lost. I'm so glad I didn't listen to him. It has been a hard 10 years but I am blessed to have such an angel in my life. She keeps me smiling every day. I'm so lucky to be in her life!

The sun is out in full force today. Not a single cloud in the sky. Beautiful blue above me, mushy mud at my feet. I just need to remember not to look down. ;-)

Love to you all!!
Lesley


Ps To add to the fun.......A Quiz!!
Which creature of the night are you?
Your Result: Vampire
 

You are a social pragmatist, as likely to kiss as to bite. Your sensuality and social pragmatism is the counter-balance to your existential angst and your tendency toward depression.

Werewolf
 
Demon
 
Incubus/Succubus
 
Cthulu Spawn
 
Sorceror
 
Ghost
 
Which creature of the night are you?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

1 comment:

  1. Heather is going to be six on the 26th, and I am still in shock over it. Sym is going to be 10?! Wow. Just all sorts of wow.

    ReplyDelete

Google