Even when I was married, I didn't like V-Day. EX and I didn't celebrate hallmark holidays. The only ones we did celebrate were mom's and dad's day. Even when we were dating we didn't have a "Valentine's Day Date" or anything special that day.Now that we are divorced and I'm raising my daughter alone, I choose to only like one thing about V-Day, that was the Vday party at school!!!
Yeah do you remember that? You'd buy those themed boxes of valentines for EVERYONE in the class. It even came with a groovie teacher card too! Everyone in the class made mailboxes for the big day. I remembered the excitement of it all. I wonder who had the cool lollypop valentines this year! Oh I loved those! OO or the skittles, m&m's or just goodie bags!
I've decided this being my 30th year on earth to start a new tradition. That is to only celebrate V-Day with the school day valentines. And besides they are a hell of a lot cooler (and cheaper) than the cheezey ass kards Hallmark makes. :-P Plus they make them will all sorts of themes!! There are Cartoon Themes, Super heros (like Spiderman), cute animals, there's even crafty ones like funny face sticker valentines (which we bought for sym's class). Then there's my fave the creepy weird eyed animal ones.
Here's one I found in cyberspace so ya know what I'm talking about.

I do not have a boyfriend for VDay, not even someone to date. However I seem to recall that even Pre-Ex I never had a BF on Valentines day. I have accepted a friend's offer to be my Valentine this year and I his although we aren't even going to see each other on Valentines Day. (the knitter ;-) Crys knows who I'm talking about) Which works out well because we are both broke and really don't want to dish out all the typical cash for a meaningless hallmark day like V-Day.
If you hate Valentines day and really want to vent it to someone and not post it on your blog, go here. Some of these rants I totally agree with but then you wouldn't have the Valentines day parties at school if the evil Vday didn't exsist.

Pss It is freakin snowing today!! Yo mother nature this is alabama, you know the heart of dixie where all movement stops and schools close over half a centimeter of accumulation. This is weird because it is snowing and there is still bread and milk at Publix.
XOXOXOXO
Love ya'll!!!
Lesley
I have to share the make your own valentines with the 2 daughters, they hate it too!!!
ReplyDelete