Wednesday, November 14, 2007

2 cigs and 2 cups of coffee at 5:30 AM

Yeah the title says it all! After the time change I've managed to wake up at the 4-5 am range. It seems to be the only time I have to myself lately. Thus the reason for the late Halloween blog. LOL

Before I took on the new data at work my day consisted of the following:
1. Arrive at work around 8-830 and do the following until 9-930
Check work emails
Check private email
Check all of your blogs!
Get coffee
2. 9:30 till 11
process data
work on projects
3. 11-130
check my private email again and read new blogs! LOL
post a blog
maybe take a lunch. That was only if I didn't spend too much time on the emails and blogs
4. 130-3
Do work more work if there was any
If not, I'd play around on myspace, bug co-workers or take a long smoke break
5. 3-5
Any or all of the above once again.

AFTER TAKING ON THE NEW DATA, MY DAY CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. 8-30 Arrive at work check emails for work
2. 830-9:30 Begin processing data
3. 9:30-9:45 Take smoke break and get coffee
4. 9:45-11 Process or check data
5. 11-1115 take a stroll around office due to butt falling asleep due to processing/checking data for the past hour or so
6. 11:15-12 process/check data more
7. 12-1 Sneak off to the yarn store to knit and collect myself
8. 1-230 MORE processing/checking data
9. 230-3 Do shipping for 3pm pick up if any
10. 3-5 Documentation if I am finished with the data if not, MORE checking/processing data

It NEVER ENDS!!!! Every single day I'm doing the same thing. If I stop or take a day off I'm behind and have to bust ass to get ahead again.
I'm I happy being so busy? Somewhat. I like having alot to do and it has relit the drive in me again but It is getting to the point where it is about to drive me mad! It wouldn't be so bad if I had a day where I could goof off a little or work on something besides documentation but alas, that's what PDO is for you know! It prevents burn out! I've made more friends at work which is good. Mostly because now that I'm busy I HAVE TO LEAVE MY DESK AND TALK TO REAL PEOPLE OR ELSE I GO MAD!!! LOL

That's where I've been ya'll! Sym is just as demanding as the new data also. Everyday I pick that kid up after school and she asks me "where are we going tonight?" No where! I'm tired and I want to eat dinner and go home!!!
I've been going to bed at 1030pm and she has been too. The only time I get now is early am.
But I will say, I am happier. I feel more fulfilled even though my stress level has grown a tad, I'm getting the hang of it and have been conquering the data like a pro! I'm happy that the release is almost over (ends in Jan) and I'll have the time to relax again! Yay!! right after the holidays! Lovely huh? LOL
I miss ya'll!! I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.
I have been knitting though! Yeah the Yarn store sneak offs have helped me with that! LOL pics will be available soon and I think I'm going to hit my ravelry tomorrow and do some updating!!
XOXOXO
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you around, I was starting to worry! Looks like you and Sym had a lot of fun on Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sounds like you're staying busy. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving if you're prone to such things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA Girl! You are buuuusy! *hugs* Just post to say hi from time to time. :) As long as we know you are okay. Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Google