Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random July Goodness

Wow! It's been a minute since my last post but I'm gonna post anyways. Has anyone seen the new blogger posting view? It's pretty cool. Although I do miss the old layout.
Summer is almost over, at least for me. I have to register the gal for school next week. Then school will be starting mid August. It's hard to believe. It feels like yesterday she was just getting out for summer.
Also have to bring back a little miss to her mom although I wish she'd hang with us for this school year.
There's been a bunch of things going on but I don't know where to begin.
I know! I'll make a list.
1. We went to the lake with my sister Pam and her family. We towed my grandfather's pontoon boat with us. Then on the last day the motor fell off so we have to go back to the lake and get the motor off so we can tow it back across town. But buddy we all had a blast!!! I caught a 4 lb cat fish. ;-) It's hanging in the freezer and we totally need to fry Bertha up and eat her. Yeah I named her Bertha.
Lake Logan Martin 7-16-11
2. Johnny's birthday was yesterday. He worked all day came home and we surprised him with a streamered condo, daughter created cake, custom gift cards and a fishing shirt. He was tired from working all day and didn't want us to make a big deal of his birthday so we just made a mini party at home. It was great!! The girls did a pretty good job on the cake too. johnnys birthday surprise
3. Knitting: Still pickin on the mystery hat by Leethal Lee, finished the baby booties. Crocheting: I started another Threads of Love blanket. Painting: I attempted Stary Night and I've yet to finish it.
4. Adventures of Cats v Dog Update: I think they are getting along pretty well now. Darky occasionally will stay back when she sees Katie and then her hairs stand on end and tail fluffs then she realizes that the dog is not paying any attention to her and she just goes on about her business. Izzy is actually sniffing Katie's butt and she lets him. However if any dog comes around katie she immediately starts snapping and barking. go figure
Here's Katie and the Girls
S n S  and katie


1 comment:

  1. wow that's some catfish catch!
    Im visiting everyone in DRT's blogs today. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete

Google