Wednesday, April 20, 2011

10 Days of Rain, Sun, Rain, Sweat, and back pain to go

Good Wednesday to you all!! Yeah 10 days till the wedding and I'm stupid excited.
So far the plans are working out. Flowers ordered, I have my dress in hand along with the evil lady unmentionables that are currently making me have another butt on my back. yep. So what's my solution to this horror? Nope not going to buy another unmentionable, just going to loose 2 lbs so that it won't pinch so bad. Yeah. in 10 days. It can happen. So I'm sweating it in the gym for 30 minutes a day until the big day. Also going to hit the tanning bed and hope I don't accidently change the color scheme for the wedding. Currently it's purple not magenta.
The dress isn't purple because that would be kind of silly right? I almost got a nonwhite shaded dress but decided that the last thing I want is my grandparents to see me in funeral black or fuck me red strutting it down the aisle to my future hubby in plaid. I mean who wouldn't want a plaid wedding? It would kick ass!!! But sighs I could not. with dad gone the last thing I want to do is cause my older family members to 1) have a heart attack 2) Disown me or worst of all, 3) get my uncle who is officiating the wedding to pull out the exorcism ritual oh wait he's methodist Pam (my catholic sister) could exorcise my demons. I could just see  my 6 year old nephew Elliot now shaking holy water on me yelling "the power of Christ compels you!"
Well the flowers I've decided to make the bouquets and boutineers the night before. I'm also in the process of making my veil. I was at Davids Bridal looking at what they had for the astronomically priced of 120+ veils and I can replicate almost everyone of them but with my own flair of course. I'm tatting up some lace for the edges of the veil. Also going to tat 6 small backgrounds for the boutineers. I know I'm not spelling that right spell check but you aren't giving me any alternatives. Kthx!
Parties: I've had a couple. My Wednesday Crafting Divas through me a little shower a couple of weeks ago! I absolutely love those ladies! Also my coworkers threw me a little one too. Love them too!
It's wild because as much as I love my man I really didn't want anyone to go out of their way to throw me a shower and all. but I'm not too proud to look a gift horse in the mouth either. I am blessed to have so many folks at my back happy for us. Yeah because he's not just marrying my crazy ass he's marrying Sym, my crazy family and I'm marrying his. LOL Love it! We'll all be committed by year end!
Thanks for all the good wishes and the showers Oh folks in my real life! Ya'll Rock!! Oh thanks to ya'll my real life cyber friends too!!! Ya'll rock too!
So don't forget swing by here around my big day! That way you can see what I cross-stitched for the wedding. :-) Very Very special. I promise. I'll even try to do play by play of the wedding too.
I need your thoughts for a dry wedding. Not dry as in dry alcohol but dry as in no rain for our big day.
I'm getting worried with the last of April's showers of terror and I'm hoping that it will be beautiful and not as humid as that look people keep giving me about an april wedding. sheesh.

Now I leave you with a picture of my gal Sym

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google