Friday, December 31, 2010

What the Hell Happened to December?

Sorry It's been a while ya'll. Thanksgiving weekend my laptop had an accident. It ended up drinking too muche eggnog and then it decided to slide under a recliner I was sitting in. As I was trying to eject myself from the recliner, precious laptop slid under the perfect spot to get its screen cracked. Luckily, the wonderful folks at Lenovo fixed my precious up for me and it returned to me on Christmas Eve. How cool is that? They were my santa this year. However I have not felt the love to blog nor had the opportunity to do so until now as I sit and sip on a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks.

My sister Nat in WV came down on the 18th. Yeah I don't know if I've mentioned that on here. must research later. She's been in WV since this summer. Pam moved to ATL in May. My sisters are no longer within hitting distance. It sucks but at least I can annoy them on the phone. We all had a blast at my mom's side's Christmas Party. It envolved seeing my uncle sport a scarf in a way that I wish I could forget though.
Having my sisters in hitting distance again made me very happy. But then they had to leave so I went back to a little less happy state of mind.

We had Van my new kid in for the holidays. It was awesome!! I have missed having her around. She's funny crafty and loves to push my buttons and her dad's. She and Sym got a good haul from old St Nick this year. Tons of dolls with clothes and little shoes for me to vaccume up. So lovely.

We also took a trip to see my sister Pam in Atlanta on Christmas day. We had a lovely snow storm that day. We all piled into the truck and drove 3 hours in snow and ice down I-20. We hung out with my niece and nephew a little the girls mostly had their attention. Johnny, Pam Eric & I we adults, played Wii Monopoly and Wii boxing and we wiied around for hours. It was fun and so worth the risk of death and the consequential horrendous neck pain I've been experiancing since we left. I slept in my neice's bed. It wasn't nice to me.

It felt different this year. I think because I was expecting my dad to walk through the door and say "SUPRISE!! I was kidding about the whole death thing to throw off those damn debt colllectors." Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Even christmas eve at his parents house was soooo weird. Luckily Mamaw had wine and she didn't have to drink alone cause I was helping her finish that BIG bottle of cheap chardonnay. Again that feeling that dad was just going to walk in continued to plague me. I have gotten closer but have not gotten my box totally together yet. I've had to deal with my dad's boxes of bills and trying to move on and plan out the wedding. Yeah I'm still getting married in April. I'm not letting my dear John(ny) get away. :-)
They've finished Dad's headstone. They are putting it up on Tuesday. I'm taking the day off to oversee the event and possibly getting a pedicure. Pedicures are curealls for weird sadness there is always alcohol.
Johnny asked me what I want to do tonight being new years eve and all. I'm not in the mood to party like a white girl but I'm (Ok side note. what's with dudes and skinny jeans? really? if you don't have a guitar over your shoulder please don't wear them if you know you don't look good in them!! For reals!) thinking I should just chill at home. I know it's lame. I know its stupid but even though this has probably been one of those mentally breaking years I've already experianced, I just don't feel like faking it for strangers/friends or anyone. I think spending New Years with my man, my Sym and Ryan Seacrest constitutes a pretty good way to wrap up a hellacious year.
I may just reflect on all the GOOD times we've had. For example, several trips this year. Man we have travelled everywhere this year! Vicksburg, MS, Dahlonegah,GA, Texas, Orlando, West VA, PCB, Gulf Shores, Pace. It's been great! Some trips with the kids some without. Meow.
I've knitted TONS!!! First pair of socks in 2 years, baby booties, hats, Calamortries, baby sweaters.
I've learned how to crochet and I've crocheted SEVERAL baby blankets and a baby hat. I've been tatting still lots and lots of motiffs some that had patterns some that didn't and I just winged it.
I"ve made more process improvements at work this year than I have in the past! I mean productivity wise it has been a good year. I just wish my dad was still here. I miss him. That doesn't go away does it?
Sorry for the uber long boring ass post ya'll. I guess I'm just making up for all that time I didn't blog.
Maybe 2011 will be my year to reappear online with more to show. Yeah next  comes new years goals. But I'll put that in another post. Toodles

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear from you! I have missed you ever so much. Here's hoping 2011 will be better to you *cheers!* (Oh I totally did nothing for New Years too)

    ReplyDelete

Google