1. Knit a Shawl 100%
Yep I've got one in progress! It's the Loving Comfort Shawl by The lovely Grace at http://lovincomfortknits.blogspot.com sent me the pattern. She made it you know. The yarn is knit picks which I lost the ball band so I can't give you the fiber content, but it was hand dyed by yours truly. I'm thinking I may try to dye it with wine. Then it could be called Loving Wine Comfort Shawl. :-)
2. Knit another pair of socks.
I sooooo love my new socks that I finished just before fall that I"m now more than ever inspired to keep at the ol sock knitting. That's going to be my Feb project I think. Now which pattern should I knit? I've got the yarn all over the house. LOL
3. Expand my Crochet abilities
I REALLY need to get my hook on cause there are so many things I'd like to crochet.
4. Christmas Stockings for All!!
I want to knit Christmas stocking for my crew so that would be 5 min by Dec 2011. If I finish early, I'll knit up some more for the ya baby and his mommy & daddy.
5. Tatting Gone Wild!
I want to learn some new motifs and maybe make a big thing out of them. I'm still debating. I've been tatting from a couple of books I have and also from some of the tatsters online. Tatting is one of those things I can do in between to keep the boredom to a min.
6. Also make a baby gift stock pile as well as a few for Threads of Love. Yep I'm still rocking it with those lovely ladies.
7. Sewing: I'd like to sew something. Anything and learn how to really use a sewing machine. I just kind of wing it for now but I'd actually like to be able to say "why yes, I can sew very well I've taken the class to prove it." Sometimes you just need someone to say hey you are doing that wrong. You know?
Alrighty with that said and out of the way...
Box completion is at 50% awaiting some prices.
Sym is in the OMMS Winterguard this year. It's their debute year at the Middle School and she's loving it. She's involved in an extracurricular activity!! Woot!! She's doing great too I'm sooo proud of her. If I can catch her twirling I'll record and post it.
Have a good one!!!

Grace is the BEST lace knitter. her and Dawn from Skeins blog. YOUR shawl is coming along incredibly. ALas, I cannot knit lace and stay sane.....I have succeeded a few times with a simple repeat scarf....but it makes me batty. I admire you all so much
ReplyDeleteMy first Knitted Lace project was Icing by Miss Samantha at knitquest.com. This will be my first shawl to complete. I have started SEVERAL and Ripped and ripped and ripped some more. I have made a few mistakes in this one. It is very easy once you get the hang of the pattern but I get distracted easy and screw up. I've actually had to restart this shawl 4 times. LOL But I am determined! I knit a pair of socks last year by golly and I will knit a shawl this year even if I loose a little sanity from it. This one is crazy proof though. I've made a couple of mistakes and have decided to knit on anyways. Only I know where my mistakes are and non knitters won't know. ;-) It's for my wedding in April. To have this finished by the end of Jan would sooo help my craft resolution schedule.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Grace!! She rocks!! She is soo sweet and incredibly talented!! I'm really proud of myself in knitting this shawl too. :-)
ReplyDeleteso glad you are enjoying the pattern, It will always be one of my favorites!!! Yours looks beautiful and its nice to know that I will have a small part in your wedding!!!!
ReplyDelete